We were told to evacuate our oceanfront home during the hurricane Irene.
My family was fortunate to find two adjoining rooms on the 9th floor of the Days Inn Hotel in North Bergen New Jersey. As we arrived into the Days Inn parking lot, things started to go well for us. From the chaos that we had packing and moving everything into our car to the tranquility and luxury accomodation. Taking our belonging from our car was not a big deal as I thought it would have been. From our car to the lobby was few steps and they have the wonderful cart available to put luggage. We quickly checked in. The lobby was charming and people were having breakfast in the cafe which we tried the next day. We found the cafe to be the best breakfast in New Jersey. When we got up to our floor, we were stunned to see the marble and the chrome hallway which belongs to a modern luxury hotel. We almost forgot that we were in the Days Inn. The rooms had flat screen tv.
My younger brother was quick to hook up his xbox so he was less of a bother to me.
My mother went to the other room where she unpacked and at a short time we felt like we were at home. The mattress was very comfortable. The rooms were immaculate clean.
To our surprise, the bathroom which was all marble and has a bidet something we did not see in any hotel in the United States. We found it to be very hygienic. We were told that week the hotel opened a Chinese Buffet at its rooftop floor, 12th floor and we decided to have dinner there. Wonderful experience! The food was tasty and the price for dinner is $12.99 per person including drink is a bargain. The place is spacious, luxury and has good music background of the 50's & 60's. My brother was running throughout the hallway and the lobby and the front desk employees were very nice and patient with him, something we were worried about. We traveled a lot and we never found a place like this during our stay. Since it was during the hurricane experience, we felt safe and the rate
was good and my mother said that she was ready to pay much more. We found out later the hotel in NYc was charging at least $600-$800 per room per night, while this hotel rate was only $129. We also found out later that this hotel has shuttle service to Times Square
and back to the hotel, 10 minutes away. We met some nice people in the hotel we got friendly with.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn North Bergen Hotel North Bergen
- Days Inn North Bergen Hotel
- Days Inn North Bergen
- North Bergen Days Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer: 250 spacious new rooms, luxuriously renovated, most with marble bathrooms• Free Wireless Internet Available in ALL Rooms. Room prices at a fraction of the cost of Times Square Hotels which are 10 Minutes Away - traffic permitted. Frequent Shuttle Service available to guests at an affordable price. Other New York locations are available on request (Fee)Delicious Breakfast included in our Charming Breakfast Cafe. NOW OPEN, THE CHINA BUFFET, located on our rooftop,serving lunch and dinner. Free, ample parking for up to 400 cars – Comparable to NYC Hotel Parking that could cost $50+ per night! We will be offering great rates for SUPERBOWL 2014! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Wyndham, Orbitz, Travelocity, EasyToBook, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn North Bergen - New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.