The Palms Restaurant: Sharron and her staff at the restaurant were great. Room service was prompt and the food was good. I wish the selection was a little bigger however. I was disappointed by the poor stock behind the bar. No name brand soda and you can taste the difference. Very often out of stock of top shelf liquors. On the weekends, the parties would raid the taps and there would be no draft beer.
The Hotel itself: As a Platinum Member, I expect to be treated well upon arrival and to not have to wait to check it. The counter staff was great, Josephine went out of her way to get me into an acceptable room. The hotel still has "Smoking Rooms" and I refuse to stay in one. The hotel was overbooked when I checked in so I had to spend one night in a smoking room. The next day they corrected that.
The rooms are outdated, there aren't flat screen tvs in every room. There aren't enough mini fridges or microwaves to go around so I had to go on a waiting list. I am staying here long term and almost went and bought my own microwave.
The Staff is 5 stars but it seems that the owner who has 9 properties in the area is more concerned about making a profit than upgrading his hotel.
The "Free WiFi" is non existent. When I could get connected, it took minutes just to load Google. That is unacceptable in a hotel that has so many rooms and long term and Business guests.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Toms River Hotel
- Holiday Inn Toms River Hotel Toms River
- Holiday Inn Toms River
- Toms River Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated off of the Garden State Parkway and close to a wide array of Jersey Shore attractions, the TR Hotel in Toms River offers a fanatical devotion to quality, cleanliness and one-on-one care. Cutting-edge amenities, peerless service and state-of-the-art facilities, plus a convenient location, make it the perfect pick whether you're planning a vacation or business trip to Toms River.The hotel's location in Toms River, NJ is especially ideal for corporate travelers who seek to maximize efficiency and productivity. There are a number of military facilities nearby, including McGuire Air Force Base, and Exelon's Oyster Creek Power Plant is also easily accessible. Also, for meetings of up to 400 people, you can consider making use of one of the five function rooms we offer.Vacationers find endless entertainment outlets in Toms River, NJ. The hotel's proximity to Seaside Heights means beaches, shopping, a scenic boardwalk and amusement park rides are 10 minutes away. You can also take a day trip to the Jersey Shore Premium Outlets, just 20 miles from the hotel.Guests look forward to coming home to Toms River, NJ because of this hotel's fantastic amenities. The heated, indoor pool and a sauna promise relaxation, and free hotel-wide Wi-Fi access keeps you connected. Happy hour at Palm's Lounge is always fun, and dinner at Palm's Restaurant is sure to satisfy. Call and reserve today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your TR Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.