Stayed in this Hyatt Place twice in the last 5 months (June-October 2011). This review is a summary of both visits.
It provides many pluses.
- It is conveniently located to Princeton University (5 minutes by car on back road)
- It has three restaurants you can walk to (PF Changs & Macaroni Grill < 50 meters away)
- It is set back about 150 meters from Highway 1 so there is limited traffic noise
- It includes breakfast and wireless high speed internet in the room price
- It has a free shuttle that goes about 5 miles from the hotel (drop off and pick up)
- Its parking is ample and free
- It has courteous front desk staff
- It is fairly new
It also has a few minuses.
- The breakfast area is very small and gets very crowded; you may wait a while for a table
- The breakfast is only useful for a quick bite; food selection and variety are quite limited
- It has "lunch" and "dinner" offerings you can grab from the front desk (eat out instead)
- Soap/shampoo/conditioner in the shower are provided by dispenser attached to the wall
- The wall unit that cools does it well, the same unit that heats the room smells to no end
- The price for a room is slightly higher than the price for several equivalent hotels nearby
My first visit was great, deserving 5 stars. Room was clean, beds were supportive but not too firm. Housekeeping did a good job restocking / cleaning. Temperature outside was mild to hot and the wall unit did a good job keeping the temperature comfortable in-room. Stayed for a few nights.
My second visit was not so great, deserving two stars. Room was clean, but the toilet would clog with the lightest of use. One of the walls in the bathroom had a four foot section of its wallpaper peeled off revealing the prior wallpaper and large patches of mold on it. The bathtub also had mold around the edges where it met up with the walls. The bed was soft and depressions on the mattress would roll the sleeper around. The wall unit would emit a foul odor when placed in heater mode; slept the night with the unit off as the bed cover was sufficient to keep me warm. Was only there for that one night and had to leave early the next morning, so I did not pursue a room change where normally I would have.
In both cases my arrival at the hotel was around 8PM. The first room was in the 5th floor, the second was in the 3rd. My recommendation is to go ahead and book the hotel if it serves your needs (price, location, amenities), but to be prepared to change out your room for another (as is the case for any hotel).
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Princeton Hotel Princeton
- Hyatt Place Princeton Hotel
- Princeton Hyatt Place
- Hyatt Princeton
- Princeton Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Princeton is located central to various office parks including Princeton Carnegie Center, Princeton Overlook Center, Princeton Corporate Plaza Research Center, Princeton Pike Office Park, Princeton Forrestal Village office park, University Square, Princeton Corporate Campus, Mercer Corporate Park, Canal Pointe, Princeton Corporate Center, the University Medical Center at Princeton and the new University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro complex. A free local shuttle is available upon request Monday - Friday within a 5-mile radius of the Hyatt Place Princeton.The hotel is nestled in the heart of Princeton, Plainsboro, West Windsor, Ewing and Hamilton NJ, located midway between Newark Liberty and Philadelphia Int’l airports and a short drive to Hamilton and Princeton Junction train stations providing rail service to and from New York City, Newark, Philadelphia, Atlantic City, Trenton, Jersey Shore points and other major cities in the northeast. For recreation are Sesame Place Family Theme Park and Six Flags Great Adventure within 30 miles of the hotel When searching for an activity to occupy your afternoon, tour the Princeton University and historical sights or browse the quaint shops of New Hope and Peddler's Village. Activities abound with over 20 historical and unique museums and ten performing art centers; all within 20 minutes of the hotel. Events at Princeton University, Princeton Theological Seminary, Westminster Choir College, Rider University, TCNJ and Mercer College are within seven miles of the hotel. During your stay, you can enjoy specialty Starbucks® coffee drinks and friendly conversation at the intimate Bakery Café. A Host will happily assist you with orders from the 24-hour Guest Kitchen, which offers café-quality, made-to-order meals and snacks along with a complimentary hot breakfast daily.The hotel is within a 300 steps stroll to twelve dining venues and restaurants, movie theatres and a shopping mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Place Princeton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.