a couple of girlfriends and i decided to book a 2 bedroom villas at akara after going through many reviews on tripadvisor. after much hunting, we figured its location and price range was acceptable, but nothing really prepared us for what we received.
(1) our reservation officer was very prompt with his responses while we were figuring out whether to book a villa: something we were grateful for.
(2) we had booked 2 diff airport transfers for the 2 diff flights which were coming in (one was arriving about an hour or two later than the other..) but due to flight delays, we ended up only requiring one - our reservation officer accommodated the change without any fuss, and came to pick us up himself!!! (how personalized is that?!)
(3) the villa itself is about an hour away from the airport if the traffic is good. and it's at a very good location: potato head is literally a street away and ku de ta is about 10 mins away on foot. the beach is also a stone's throw away... we hardly spent any money on transport!
(4) our butlers were *fantastic*. when they knew it was my birthday, i received an entire cake from the staff, and everyone greeted and gave me their blessings throughout my trip. they were ever so attentive. we were told before hand that they would come in to clear our rooms in the morning, again at around tea time, and finally for the turn down service. if we didnt want them too, they gave us a little sign to place on our villa's front door. because we were constantly at the pool / beach, we went through countless towels / robes, which they were kind enough to replenish 3 times a day.. service with a smile from *everyone*. we had never been so pampered.
(5) the villa itself was gorgeous. it was serene and beautiful. if i had any negative feedback, it would be that the air conditioning in the living area was a little gentle despite being at 20 degrees. other than that.. we loved every minute of our stay and simply didn't want to leave.
- Also Known As:
- Akara Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Akara Villas Hotel
- Akara Villas Bali/Seminyak
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a stone’s throw away from Petitenget Beach, the exclusive one, two and three bedroom Akara Villas are designed to anticipate every need of the taste-conscious traveller to Bali. Consistently booked out, Akara Villas showcase chic villa living in the midst of Bali’s hippest resort area, a perfect alternative to a weekend city-break or a sneaky week away with the family. A private entrance to each villa leads via walkway through to tastefully appointed and spacious living quarters, replete with adjoining pool and sun deck lounging areas. Luxurious bedding and furnishings give the villas a cosy yet modern feel as days are spent reclining and unwinding poolside whilst enjoying the flat screen TV with DVD player, WiFi Internet, Bose iPod dock sound system with butler on call to cater to every whim. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Akara Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.