I booked a three bedroom private pool suite at Bugan Villas on the basis of some very positive feedback on TA. However having just returned from Bali, I feel I must write as I found the villa far less positive than many of the reviews I'd read, and I want to ensure the owners take notice of some of the problems we experienced and rectify these for future holiday-makers. First of all I wish to commend the staff. I don't think any of the problems are a result of anything they did or didn't do. I believe they are very committed and caring individuals. I do feel however that they are all very young, most of them in their teens and they appeared to lack the experience to know what to do when faced with a problem. I think the owner, who apparently does not live in Bali, needs to take more active involvement in maintaining the villa. While the villa is very spacious, particularly the bedrooms, and provided perfect accommodation for us (a family with 2 teenage children), the one we stayed at was in need of some repair and general maintenance. For example, the sliding door in the upstairs bathroom did not work, the pool kept flooding the living room, the spa did not work well and the walls were mouldy and in need of coat of paint. The villa we stayed at was reasonably clean, but could use a thorough clean through. For example the living room vinyl chairs and sofas are quite grimy, some of the kitchen cupboards are dirty, and the whole place could do with a good dusting. I don't think the villa lives up to its claims. For example the free shuttle service is not often available for use and on some days I did not see the driver at all. Also the breakfast was a great disappointment. It comprised of cold eggs, a watered down fruit drink and soggy toast with curdled butter. Needless to say, after our first breakfast we chose to eat out for the rest of our stay. Of the seven days we stayed there, the 'free WiFi' did not work except for one day. When I complained, the manager said it was the internet provider's fault. While I appreciated their efforts to call out a technician to investigate the problem, it made no difference. In the end I requested to speak to the owner by phone and he sent one of his staff to buy a data stick for use on our laptop. This was some consolation, though it did not appease my teenage boys who had expected internet access on their phones. Luckily most cafes and restaurants we went to have free WiFi access. As I said the staff, while quite young, were very pleasant and did their best to make our stay enjoyable. They even planned a birthday surprise for our son who celebrated his 14th birthday while there. However, they could not make up for our disappointment with the villa. I have not stayed in any other Bali villa, so perhaps my expectations were too high, but at $330 per night, I would have hoped for more.
- Also Known As:
- Bugan Villas Hotel
- Bugan Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Bugan Villas Bali/Seminyak
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bugan Villas is a contemporary resort located in Seminyak away from the dizzy rush and bustle of Kuta, yet still near to the shopping center, world class restaurant & nightspots. It is comprising 4 spacious 3 bedroom villas, set in idyllic landscaped gardens with lotus ponds & private pools. Gives a sense of privacy and ultimate luxury while having close access to all the facilities Seminyak has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Bugan Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.