The Bedford Post Inn is a B&B with only one B. For a quality Relais and Chateaux property (designated as breakfast included) at a high price point, this is not acceptable.
The room we had was very stylishly, if minimally furnished. The furniture was Ralph Lauren. The bedding was the finest, most expensive Frette Italian sheets. But there were NO dressers, and nowhere to put folded clothes. There was no footrest for either of the two comfortable chairs.
We were told that coffee and pastries would be delivered to our room at a time we designated. When we asked where the breakfast room was, we were told how to get to the very lovely, downstairs café. At the appointed time, someone brought a tray to the room, containing two tiny French press coffee makers, each containing barely enough coffee for one ordinary size coffee cup. We were also given a basket, containing two small croissants, and four mini-muffins. We were also given two glasses of freshly squeezed orange juice, butter and jam.
An hour or so later we went down to the café for breakfast. There was a menu of cooked items, a broad selection of baked goods, and beverages. We ordered granola in yogurt and an omelette, along with two coffees and a bottle of water. We assumed the breakfast was part of the room charge. We were then presented with a bill, which, including the tax and tip, came to over $50, and were advised that the breakfast was not included.....that the included breakfast was the coffee and mini-pastries brought to our room. (The bottle of water we were charged $8 for in the cafe was the same bottle we had been welcomed to take for free from the refrigerator in the inn’s lounge.)
We have been to many B&B’s, including some in the Relais and Chateaux chain, and never have we received such a desultory breakfast. We have had better “included” breakfasts at Comfort Suites. The fact that the clerk did not make it clear that the café breakfast was not included only added to the insult.
An addition issue was the parking. The inn has only 8 rooms, and has many spaces for parking in its stony, unpaved lot. However, the inn also hosts many events and has an active restaurant, and when we returned late in the evening, there were no spaces anywhere near our room, forcing us to park in an auxilliary lot. We could not understand why the inn didn’t designate eight spaces for “guests”.
- Also Known As:
- Bedford Post Hotel Bedford
- Bedford Post Hotel
- Bedford Post Inn New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Bedford Post, set in the heart of Westchester, at 954 Old Post Road in Bedford, NY. Bedford Post is home to an eight-room luxury inn, a yoga studio, and two distinct restaurants: The Barn, for casual dining, and The Farmhouse, our more formal dining room. Reservations are gladly taken up to one month in advance at the Farmhouse, and two months in advance at the Barn. Join us for daily classes, workshops and events at The Yoga Loft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jetsetter, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Bedford Post Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.