Spent a few days here in mid-May with friends and family while my sister-in-law got married. Location was great in terms of proximity to celebration venues, restaurants and shopping. Was also close to the LIRR so trips into the city were possible (a 40 minute train trip away from Penn Station).
The hotel was pretty decent. The room we had was large and clean. The beds were comfy and the wife and I enjoyed having the pillows identified as either hard or soft. It would have been nice to have had a king or queen bed instead of 2 doubles, but that's what we get for booking so late. The bathroom was super clean, which always gives me some peace of mind at a hotel.
As many others have stated, the hotel restaurant was under renovations, but when it finally opens, based on the conceptual drawings, it looks like it will be great. They do serve a continental breakfast downstairs, but I preferred to walk down the street to the diner for a hot breakfast. We missed the pool by a week (opens on the Memorial Day weekend), but they were doing lots of work to get it ready. It looks like there is lots of room for loungers around the pool, which gets lots of sun in its courtyard setting. It would have been nice if they had at least a few chairs out there for guests to enjoy the sun, but maybe they had just been moved out of the way for the clean-up.
I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Westbury/Carle Place area.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Westbury Hotel Carle Place
- Holiday Inn Westbury Hotel
- Holiday Inn Carle Place
- Carle Place Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hotel of Westbury is centrally located to business & financial district in the heart of Nassau County, Long Island. Within walking distance, visitors find a perfect location for sampling the many delights such as great shopping at the Roosevelt Field Mall & Mall at the Source and fine dining with over a dozen of outstanding restaurants. The hotel can easily be reached in about 25 minutes from John F. Kennedy Int'l & LaGuardia Airports. Only a 5 minute stroll to the Long Island Railroad Station to New York City. Closest Holiday Inn to Nassau Coliseum, Westbury Music Fair and Jones Beach State Park and Nikon Theatre. All 152 well appointed guest rooms and suites feature amenities that include complimentary high speed wireless internet access, voice message services, and individually controlled air conditioning in each room. Those seeking active forms of relaxation will enjoy the hotel's outdoor swimming pool (open seasonally), beautiful court yard gardens & patio and 24-hour Fitness Center. For breakfast, lunch, dinner and room service please visit The Sporting News Grill Restaurant at the Holiday Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Westbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.