A nightmare in so many ways. A "free" room in actuality cost $44 plus points because we had the privilege of staying near NYC (a mere 1-hour away, if you're lucky). We arrived at the hotel after a grueling London-NY flight, sometime after 10PM. Everything in the room was old and dilapidated. The comforter looked as if it had been left in the drier too long and was full of clumps. The INTERIOR of the coffee maker, not the pot, had a curlie hair in it! The next morning we decided to cut our losses and leave. However, the fire alarm went off while we were packing up. I rushed into the hallway and encountered a maid -- who gave me a blank stare -- and proceeded to continue her cellphone conversation while other guests ran out of their rooms. The hallway doors closed, just as they should - which panicked the man standing next to me. He asked the maid of the location of the stairs. And guess what? She could not understand his perfect English! And said so, in another language. This was the last straw. La Quinta took over the Wingate property, a location where we had stayed many times. We will NOT be returning. BTW, a note to the Manager went unanswered.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Garden City
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City Hotel Garden City
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City Hotel
- La Quinta Garden City
- Garden City La Quinta
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City New York
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, LaQuinta, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.