Up with a couple of friends going to a festival, this was the last room available in town... HMMMMMMM..... Interesting. Spoke to Joe, Owner/operator, and we already knew this was a bad decision. Housemother Joe, in a true lick of country spirit, wanted to know when we were coming, when we would return from the festival, how many people would be there, he explained that no one could visit us in the room under any circumstances, and told us we had to be extremely quiet even though there were no other patrons in the motel. As we checked in, Joe needed to sign all 3 of us into the motel, wanted to know where we came from and what we were doing in town.
Now lets get to the room .... WOW.
First thing I noticed it is about half the size of a normal motel room, which isn't saying much at $106 a night. I take that back, the first thing I noticed was the pungent stench of mold, mildew, and disappointment. The floor was uneven, and guess what, the light switches weren't connected to lights. 2 small table lamps were all the lighting in the room, so I apologize for the terrible pictures due to bad lighting. The size of the gap under the door permitted small to medium sized leaves to freely blow under, into the interior of our room. We have inferred that the odor in the room may be partially contributed to the fact that dew is able to seep into the room during the wee hours of the morning. This hypothesis is further supported by the fact that none of the wooden drawers in the room were able to open, leading us to believe that the cheaply constructed plywood furniture has become warped due to the moisture...
Now lets start with the sleeping amenities. FAIL. The comfort level of the mattresses made me severely jealous of the puppy-farm raised animals at the mall whose cages look oh so comfortable compared to these beds. The exposed wiring throughout the room and bathroom proves that it was merely an after thought when electricity was introduced probably no more than 3-5 years ago at this location. The decision to open the window and let the stank out, was a toss-up, a real mind bender if you will, between continuing to inhale spores of an unknown nature or obtaining the warmth that we so desperately desired. Good OId Joe explained to us that the thermostat doesn't work because the heat doesn't come on until the sun goes down. Sweet. We spent a total of 15 minutes in this worn down disaster of a hillbilly hellhole. A truly dilapidated wreck.
Thanks for the memories Joe.
And.... Oh yes.... No refunds.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC