Yes it's a budget hotel, yes it is a fantastic location, 5 minute walk to the Metro into Time Square but...
When our travel agent booked a twin share room I would have expected 2 beds ... no because on the hotel's computer it wasn't booked as a twin share... but for US$40 (plus taxes) extra per night we could have a twin share ... ah no thanks
So I wasn't happy, but with a king size bed there was enough room for 2. We asked for an extra blanket because it was cold and was told that the hotel had no extra blankets - what!
We were in a room on the second floor and after 2 nights of little sleep due to a noisy air conditioner vent we finally got someone helpful on the front desk and at 11pm we moved to a room on the 5th floor with no air conditioning noise so the rest of our stay was fine
I was surprised to see a US$9.95 charge on my credit card when I got home and when I queried it I was told it was a charge from the hotel restaurant .. funny 'cos we never ate at their restaurant .. after a couple of days they got back to me with a credit so it all worked out fine ... but it was still a bit dodgy!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View New York/Long Island City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.