As others have said the hotel is an older property with a semi-80's theme to it's architecture. Inside however Marriott has taken time to update the common areas and rooms.
Standard in each room is a flat panel TV with Marriott's famous connection center for connection a laptop, iPad or what have you to the TV. Internet performance was solid enough that one could stream if so desired but you're probably better off bringing your own content just in case.
Rooms have all been updated recently and my room was very, very clean. The selection of toiletries is large, bed comfy and inter-room noise level average.
The staff however are amazing. I don't think there was one time that I entered the hotel where I wasn't greeted with a big smile and salutation. The one time I had room service, for breakfast, the food was well prepared and warm as it got to my room. This is important as without a car you really have no other dining options.
That said the hotel is convenient to a myriad of freeways and there are gobs of dining and shopping options just a short drive away.
Unfortunately there are a couple of things I found less than stellar during my stay.
- Parking is a semi-nightmare. There is plenty of parking however most of it is far away from the front entrance to the hotel.
- There are very few "side" entrances to the hotel which means most of the time you HAVE to use the front entrance.
- During my stay there were two different mini-conventions using the hotel which means parking was at near capacity. Arriving back to the hotel on a rainy night after dinner to find I had to walk 1/2 a mile from a space to the front entrance was less than stellar.
- The fitness/pool area may be far away from your room causing a long walk in your sweaty workout clothes or soaked bathing suit.
- Some rooms feature sliding glass doors looking out over the hotels massive mini-convention area. You may feel a bit less secure in one of these rooms or worse may wind up hearing the convention noise. I didn't have one of these rooms but if this might bother you be sure to call and pre-block a non glass door room.
Overall I really enjoyed my trip to the hotel especially being able to walk the various floors and discover all the neat nooks and shortcuts throughout the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Melville Marriott Long Island Hotel Melville
- Melville Marriott Long Island Hotel
- Marriott Melville
- Melville Marriott
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Melville Marriott Long Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.