Stayed here with wife and two young children (under 10) for two nights. Overall, in my experience traveling, I have stayed in much better hotels and I have stayed in much worse which is why I give this place an average rating. Let me highlight what I liked and disliked:
PROS - It is within walking distance of almost every major Niagara Falls, NY attraction. With two young children, we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go from the hotel. We basically parked our car upon arrival and didn't drive it again until we left two days later. You are close to the Seneca casino, all falls attractions, and a variety of dining options. Other positives were the staff. Everyone I dealt with during my visit was friendly, professional, and polite. I have seen some complaints about the continental breakfast, but our family had no complaints. The food was a basic continental spread with cereal, fruit, bread options, and baked goods. Coffee, milk, and juices were provided as well. It was constantly refreshed and plenty to be had during our visit.
CONS - Like many of the hotels on the NY side, it could use some updatiing. Decor, carpeting, and room furniture, and tv were all dated. Do not expect flat screen tv's with entertainment options or to be wowed by the room's amenities. My wife was upset with the cleanliness, but I felt the cleaning was adequate in our room. Pool area is dated as well and some minor things were in disrepair in there, but the water was refreshing after a day of walking to all the attractions. Lastly, be prepared for the sound of helicopters flying over the hotel. It is located next to a landing station for a helicopter ride over the falls. While it did not annoy me and did not run at night, it is a noise that is noticeable.
Overall, I would return again. To me it filled the need for our family - a place to rest, refresh, have breakfast, and provide easy walking access to all area attractions. As long as you aren't expecting anything fancy, you should be pleased with your stay.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Closest To The Falls Hotel
- Howard Johnson Closest To The Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Howard Johnson Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Howard Johnson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome Affordable comfort in the heart of Niagara Falls. Niagara's Howard Johnson - Closest to the Falls and Casino. We are just a short stroll to the Famous Falls, Maid of the Mist, and Cave of the Winds - all one & 1/2 blocks from the hotel! The Seneca Casino is just a three block walk80 spacious rooms, including luxurious jacuzzi rooms, all with free wireless internet access. Whether you crave adventure, sightseeing, gaming, romance, shopping, hiking, or fishing Howard Johnson Hotel can accommodate you. An Eco-friendly property. Hotel Highlights: Free Wireless High Speed Internet Access in all rooms and on site Packages available (click package tab above), King Jacuzzi rooms, Smoking rooms, Indoor heated pool/sauna, In-Room Safes, Free Parking, Helicopter Tours and Sightseeing Tours On-Site, Retro Game Room, Handicapped rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Closest to the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.