We've just returned from our honeymoon & we stayed six days at Sea Cliff. Here is our experience in a nutshell....
- Stunning location with the hotel situated on cliffs overlooking the sea and very close to Stone Town/Airport
- A huge range of all-inclusive facilities available, including tennis, spa, gym & watersports
- Free shuttle service twice-daily is great for those wanting to see Stone Town (definitely worth a visit during your stay)
- The hotel organises very good dinner entertainment from local bands / entertainers
- The honeymoon additional extras that you receive on arrival are a nice touch (although the honeymoon welcome letter being addressed to another honeymoon couple slightly lessened the magic of the surprise!)
- We were disappointed with the food at lunch / dinner buffet. It is clear that a lot of effort goes into creating a huge variety of food choices at the buffet, but we found the food lacking in taste, over-cooked & repetitive. This was a contrast to all the other hotels/camps we stayed at during our trip in Tanzania, where the food was consistently excellent. I must stress that we were not at all expecting gourmet standards but we did expect more from a 5* hotel. Also, as we stayed for a week, it would have been nice to have an "a la carte" choice for one of the nights to help keep the food experience interesting.
- Service - although all the staff are friendly & helpful we had a number of frustrating experiences during out stay, particularly at reception. The act of booking transport/taxi's was a continual uphill struggle and we even were directly (& rudely) confronted by one of the reception staff when they had forgotten to register the cancellation of our taxi booking. Other experiences included the non-booking of our Sea food dinner reservation & very confusing and contradicting advice on booking ferries. We also did not experience any of the extra personal service afforded to other guests by the F&B management. Again this experience was in contrast to all the other places we stayed in Africa, where we received a wonderful personal service.
- The Deluxe rooms are well worth the extra money, with fantastic views over the resort/sea
- Be sure to bring along lots of small notes to tip the staff, as it is not possible to tip the staff through adding an amount onto drink / food bills
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
1 January 2013
Dear Gareth J
Report response as inappropriate
We value your feedback and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your honeymoon at Sea Cliff Resort and Spa.
Guest feedback is an important measuring tool to know when we are getting it right and I can assure you that your comments have been discussed with the rest of the TEAM in our strive to be consistent at all times in our service offering.
The views we offer remains popular especially due to the fact that we are situated on the West Coast of the island which offers the most spectacular sunsets every day.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC