When we called and asked for a room the owner described it as a good room for 4 girls, with wonderful view at the sea in her wonderful hotel which has a pool and it's 300 m from the bus station. Not even close! We struggled our way to the hotel for more than 1 klm of uphill under the hot sun to find a plain room with view of fields and the "sea" - meaning something blue on the other side of the island.
- Close to Firostefani [5'] and about 15' [on your way down] to Fira.
- The room was big with 4 separate beds.
- It did have curtains
- The owner was very kind [she didn't admit though that she lied about the distance bus-hotel although we seemed very upset]
- It had a small pool
- we got towels on our first day there
-The prices were very low: 100 euros/room for 4. U can't ask less than 25 euro/person in such an expensive island
- The room was Awful! No phone [!], tv, refrigerator, hairdryer. The smallest bathroom I've ever seen, we could even move in there without touching the walls, not to mension the fact that having the toilet almost IN the shower makes u fall in love with the free showers of the beach, which are cleaner!!
- There was a cleaning lady but no fresh towels - they expected us to use the same for 5 days.
- The walls where extremely thin, everyone could hear u and u could hear the next door couple fight for nothing
- The pool seemed dirty and hot, it was extremely small and I can't see why anyone would go in there. Not much of a con though, when u can take the bus and go to the sea.
- After complaining about the distance bus-hotel [don't even try it without a car when u're carrying luggage] the owner booked as a cab to the bus station [which is as mentioned in about 1 klm away]. The cab owner turned out to be her husband and he charged as with 5 euros [for 1klm!!] and not 7 [!] as he would normally do, because we stayed in his fabulous hotel...
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC