We stayed at this hotel with several other families who had traveled from Indiana to participate in a basketball camp at the local high school. This was a great place for our group. It's kind of off the beaten path and not really in the touristy part of the region. This was perfect for us because we didn't have to deal with traffic in the mornings when we were going to the camp. But is was still close enough to all the attractions that we could go out in the evenings.
The pool is connected to the rest of the building with an enclosed hallway. This was also great for our group because it meant the girls could be pretty loud in the pool area without bothering other guests. We were disappointed to learn the pool closed at 9pm, since most nights we were just getting in at 9pm (and we had to leave early in the morning before the pool opened for the basketball camp everyday). A couple of nights we were already in the pool before 9pm, and the hotel staff did not make us leave. We were able to swim until around 11pm. This was great for our girls, and it made it much easier for the parents because keeping a large group of teenage girls quiet in the hotel rooms and hallways isn't always so easy. The pool area was a much better location for them to swim, play cards, do each others' nails, and so on. There's a nice picnic area right outside the pool. We were able to order pizza and eat outside on the picnic tables together instead of each family having to eat their pizza in their own room. The pool building itself has tables and chairs as well. Our only complaint about the pool area was the temperature of the building. For the parents who were trying to supervise their children but weren't swimming themselves, it was way too steamy. The doors need to be propped open on hot days.
This is an older hotel, but it's still in decent condition. The rooms were clean. The pool was clean. We were able to get a good group rate, so it was definitely worth the price we paid. We really like the hotel. I wish we could say the same about the restaurant (which we were told is not really affiliated with the hotel) on the premises.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Glens Falls/Lake George Area Hotel Queensbury
- Ramada Glens Falls/Lake George Area Hotel
- Ramada Queensbury
- Ramada Hotel Queensbury
- Queensbury Ramada
- Ramada Queensbury/Lake George New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada is a Wyndham property conveniently located at Exit 19 off I-87 (the Northway). We are just 10 minutes from Lake George and 15 minutes from Saratoga and the Race Track. Six Flags Great Escape Amusement Park is only 5 minutes away and we offer highly discounted tickets for the Park to guests of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Wyndham, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Ramada Queensbury/Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.