We arrived around 3:30 pm and found an envelope with the key to the inn and to our room. We were alone in the inn with a dirty room and not enough towels. The next morning when we went down for breakfast we found packaged individual breakfast cereals, soft croissants, hard English muffins and 3 leftover packaged danish. Also, cold eggs and bacon. What had been described as a gourmet continental breakfast with wonderful homemade granoloa was the stale cold leftovers from a Rotary Club breakfast. When I pointed this out to the manager he suggested that "perhaps the eggs could be heated". We opted to eat at Billie's, a wonderful neighborhood place with a hearty breakfast.
When I returned to the room I called the woman I made the reservation with who seemed to reside at The Dutchess in Rhinebeck. She said she would reduce the rate and suggested that since the breakfast wouldn't be any better the next day, that we check out. We did not leave but did take her up on the offer of not having breakfast at the inn.
Once again we were left alone in the inn, and the next morning went over to Billie's for another wonderful breakfast. The girl at the front was there to collect our payment and was prepared to discount the room some, I told her that it had cost $40 for my family of 3 to dine elsewhere for breakfast for 2 days. She got permission from the manager, not on site, to make the deduction I requested.
There were no apologies and we left. My family and I have stayed in many different kinds of accomodations in the US and abroad and this was the first time that we could not eat breakfast at a bed and breakfast, and were left alone to fend for ourselves.
I would not recommend the inn to anyone and would wonder about the service at The Dutchess as well. Anonymous
- Also Known As:
- The Red Hook Country Hotel
- The Red Hook Country Hotel Red Hook
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 9 Room Federal Colonial built 1841. 2 Brand new First Floor Fully Accessible Rooms with roll in shower. Carriage House, an addition to the inn, has two bedrooms, fireplace, separate entrance and can accommodate pets. Second floor bedrooms are all single with private bath except for #3, a two bedroom family suite with two separate entrances but one full bath.All new triple glaze windows, living room fireplace, community dining room (accessible), newly completed back deck, great covered hot tub and outdoor screen house.Great covered front porch with ceiling fans, wicker and rockers! On site parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your The Red Hook Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.