5 years after my initial review, and after at least 6 more stays (including recently), The Saratoga Arms continues to be stellar in every way. Here are the pros (do note: there are no cons):
** The building is exquisite.
** The service is friendly, efficient and the staff members make you feel welcome at all times. If you need something, they will (literally) be there in less than one minute.
** The good sized rooms are lovely, and have everything you'd need or want including: a refrigerator and freezer with ice, large closet, comfortable bed and bedding, chairs, big bathroom, flat screen tv.etc I always stay in one of the garden rooms (fabulous!). I have my own patio - complete with two tables and chairs - which also features a private entrance (I love this), and a fireplace. I work out there for hours (it's a few steps down from street level, but it's also secluded enough), and enjoy both people watching and dog watching (wonderful dogs in Saratoga. We have three of our own back home).
** There is plenty of (free) parking right next to the hotel.
** Free bottled water (I take it to SPAC) is provided daily. A nice touch and appreciated!
** The hotel itself is in the best location -- right near everything (including SPAC), and almost everything (except SPAC) is within walking distance.
** This is not a chain or massive hotel --- thank goodness! It's smallish (31 rooms), beautiful and has a lot of charm (and that doesn't mean worn out. The hotel is fresh and clean, and everything always looks immaculate, and not shabby in the least). I was forced to stay at a chain hotel one summer (for a few days) when the Saratoga Arms was fully booked, and it was a miserable experience. Now I choose my dates for visiting SPAC (partly work) around the hotel's availability.
** My husband and I also went up there last December (we have family there, too) and it was the first time that he had been at the Saratoga Arms. He loved it as much as I did! The hotel, and Saratoga Springs,is beautiful in the winter, too.
While it is true that the Saratoga Arms might be a little pricier than the chain hotels (although not by much) in the area, you get what you pay for. Full breakfast is also included in the price of the room, and it's almost like staying in a private home (gorgeous living room; beautiful porch with chairs and tables etc ). And yet, it's big enough so that I never feel like I must socialize with other guests (I'm not unfriendly, but I like my privacy, plus I am often there partly to work). That said, the other guests, whom I've met over the years, are always delightful.
- Also Known As:
- Saratoga Arms Hotel Saratoga Springs
- Saratoga Arms Springs
- Saratoga Arms Hotel Springs
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an award winning Saratoga Springs luxury hotel located in the heart of beautiful downtown steps to the Thoroughbred Races, shopping, restaurants, and museums. Our Saratoga Springs bed & breakfast features 31 individually appointed rooms with fireplaces & whirlpool tubs, combining historic elegance and modern amenities. A delicious full breakfast, Wi-Fi & concierge service is included at our romantic Saratoga Springs lodging. Experience why the Saratoga Arms stand apart from all other hotels in Saratoga Springs, NY! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Saratoga Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.