This is my first time writing a review. However, before I book a hotel I always look at Tripadvisor. We arrived at the hotel with a certain amount of trepidation as it has only been opened a couple of months. These were quickly put aside after 5 minutes. The GM (Ruud) and manager (Khamlesh) quickly welcomed us to the hotel as we were checking. This level of attention is what one expects, but doesn't always get. We had a garden suite with a fantastic balcony. The room was very nicely furnished and planned. We were able to have two children and two adults in the room without feeling cramped. Khamlesh was there to assist and both the GM and manager don't just stay in their offices as they walk around the resort.
The pools were excellent and it is interesting to note that one was a salt water pool. The kids were in the pools all day and because of the nature of the resort there were few guests at the pool. That is to say that many people have private pools.
The meals were nice and dinner often was the highlight of the day. The head chef "Chef" was service minded and made spaghetti bolognaise for our youngest son. Nothing was a problem. Nicolas and his assistant Trishin make sure everything functions. If there is a problem, tell them and they will correct it.
The resort has kayaking and water skiing as well as small beach.
We had a relaxing visit.
In terms of future development, perhaps the resort can offer an all-inclusive package in the future or a full board package as like the other resorts in Mauritius wine and food is not inexpensive. Having said that, if the latter is a problem, perhaps one is not at the right resort or in the "right" country.
Keep up the good work.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Balaclava Hotel Balaclava
- Angsana Balaclava Hotel
- Angsana Balaclava Mauritius
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the northwest coast of Mauritius, in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. Angsana Balaclava is the island’s premier boutique resort – the latest 5-star resort on the Mauritian landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Angsana Balaclava Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.