This hotel is close to the freeway, (and that's about all) about 10 miles from Downtown Asheville I stayed for 3 nights without problems. Unlike some of the other reviews I had 3 complaints, 1) Unless you unplug your lamp, there is no convenient place at the desk to plug your computer into. 2) the drapes do not completely cover the windows leaving a gap allowing passers to see in directly to the mirror which in turn allows to to see most of the room, I solved this when I was in the room by closing the drape a little into the door giving me some sense of privacy. 3) The carpet is in serious need of cleaning, I would not walk on it without slippers. All 3 of theses can be fixed easily if they want to.
All rooms now come with microwave, coffee pot & small refrigerator. Great view of the mountains from some of the rooms. They also have a courtyard with a grill (not sure if they supply what you need to cook on it also has a picnic table. Breakfast is standard nothing special. They also offer what they call a complimentary southern supper which is either soup or chili, crackers ice tea or water, nothing special but not many places do this and if you are on a budget (especially on vacation with family this can save you a lot of $$. I found the beds to be very OK. The property is older, but overall kept-up The staff was nice very polite & helpful, & Very friendly. The breakfast/supper area is spacious. The outside pool was large, looked good, but closed so I didn't get to use it. The area seems safe. Depending on your needs you can do better unless you get a good rate!! (but you pay more)
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Asheville West Hotel Candler
- Days Inn Asheville West Hotel
- Days Inn Candler
- Candler Days Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience warm southern hospitality during your next visit the beautiful North Carolina mountains at Days Inn Asheville West hotel. Located off Interstate 40, our Candler, NC, hotel is near Great Smoky Mountains National Park and at the doorstep of pristine wilderness and abundant outdoor recreation.Help yourself to free Daybreak breakfast buffet each morning then return to your spacious guest room, complete with a microwave and refrigerator. Stay connected to the office with free Wi-Fi Internet access, swim in our outdoor pool or picnic in the barbeque area. End your busy day with our complimentary southern supper. Our pet-friendly Candler, NC, hotel offers 24-hour front desk service and free parking, including space for large vehicles. Rooms with mountain views as well as handicapped-accessible and non-smoking accommodations are available. Kids 17 and under stay free with an adult. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Days Inn Asheville West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.