Working along the coast, I was tired one night and realized I had to make a detour for an early morning appointment amid a 3 hour drive back to my home. I had my dog with me, so I had to find just the right hotel. HI Express in Goldsboro welcomes pets for a small fee. They were able to give me the rate I requested over the phone (always know what the internet rates are when you talk to hotels, just in case) and they were quick to make the reservation. Check-in was great; very quick.
Some hotels that welcome pets are reluctant, and you feel like you're not very welcome, but this hotel is genuinely welcoming, with a little pet welcome bag and very low pet fee.
The bed was very comfortable, and housekeeping were quiet in the morning when I decided to sleep in until 10. The room was clean with typical hotel furniture- not notably fancy, but not run down either.
Negatives: I would recommend they put a powerstrip or something in there, because I had to move the dresser a few inches to reach any electrical outlet for my laptop, from the desk. That's about the only negative I have- I will depend on this new-found gem when I'm traveling through that area again, for sure.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Goldsboro Hotel Goldsboro
- Holiday Inn Express Goldsboro Hotel
- Holiday Inn Goldsboro
- Goldsboro Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Holiday Inn Express of Goldsboro, proud home of the Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, invites you to experience some good ole southern hospitality. Whether you are a professional business traveler passing through or coming to our area, or family vacationers looking for an affordable, and dependably comfortable hotel close to some of North Carolina s most beautiful beaches, Holiday Inn Express of Goldsboro will be sure to deliver a high quality guest experience with excellent service. Goldsboro is centrally located in Wayne County, which is home to several wonderful and interesting attractions. We re just minutes from Seymour Johnston Air Force Base, a short drive to the Mount Olive Pickle factory, and less than two hours from Topsail Beach, and the Atlantic Ocean. Other area attractions include the Bentonville Civil War Battle Ground, the ECAP (formerly the George Whitfield) Sports Complex, Nahunta Pork, and you won t want to miss the beautiful Cliffs of Neuse State Park. Traveling with a precious furry companion? We gladly welcome pets!Planning a Wedding Reception, Family Reunion, Graduation Party, or other special event? We have the meeting space that you need, at a price you can afford! So come give us a look-see, you ll be glad you did. With our Can-Do Attitude and Service with a Smile, our Hospitality Team will be sure to exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Goldsboro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.