Got a great deal on this hotel in the Outer Banks. Kinda wish we would have spent a little more to stay somewhere a bit nicer. The place was deserted, only saw one other guest the 4 days we were there (albeit it was the off season). The rooms are musty and dingy. They're clean, but the comforters look like they're 30 years old and need to be replaced. Sheets were nice, but mattress was hard as a rock. They boast about having a heated pool, even have it on their advertising sign by the road... It was NOT heated. It was a touch above freezing and we could only stand to stay in it for a few minutes because we were shivering from the cold. Also there's no elevator, only stairs. So if that's a need for you or your family, don't stay here. It looks like there are renovations being started on the place, but it looks like they're mostly being done on the attached building which is all timeshare properties. When we called to make a reservation, they said no ocean front rooms were available. We asked that if when we got there if any were available could we pay the difference and upgrade, to which they said yes. When we got there and asked about this, they said they never have ocean front rooms available except for the large suites which are over $130/night. Trust and believe, I would never spend that much money to stay here. The $55/night we paid was pushing it. They give you breakfast vouchers for a free breakfast at a restaurant called the Jolly Roger which is about a block down the street. Loved it! Great breakfast and friendly service. That was the best part about the hotel. The staff at the hotel were incredibly friendly and hospitable though. However, I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, nor would I stay there again myself.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Ranch Hotel
- Sea Ranch Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Sea Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Sea Ranch Resort Kill Devil Hills, Outer Banks, NC
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the recently renovated room accommodations that reflect a coastal color palette and modern room finishes that will create a relaxing and comfortable space for your stay. Convenient on-site amenities include an enclosed heated pool, new fitness center and game room, outside picnic area and grill. The Sea Ranch also welcomes you to our oceanfront restaurant, the Beachside Bistro, which offers a delightful menu with a focus on American Coastal Cuisine. Join us for in the dining room or on our deck where you can soak in the beautiful ocean view! Beachfront Resort: All rooms in the beachfront resort and oceanside lodge offer: microwaves, refrigerators, Cable TV and Internet. Oceanfront Suites: We now offer 2 BR / 2 Bath fully equipped, condo style suites. Each suite offers a full kitchen, washer & dryer and living room with a sleeper sofa! Minimum of a 3 night stay required in season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Sea Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.