I based my holiday choice on these reviews, so it is only fair I return the favour:
If you don’t like freshly cooked salmon or tuna steaks, beef, pork & chicken breasts cooked on the hot-plate in front of you; a wide variety of salads some with strange combinations that turn out to be delicious; croissants and pastries to die for at breakfast along with loads of other dishes to try. If you don’t like swift and efficient service with waiters that work like Trojans even if they don’t have time to do a song & dance routine while serving hundreds of guests then maybe this hotel isn’t for you.
Honestly, although we were there in peak season, (apart from the 9.30 – 10am scrum at breakfast, as we all slept till the last possible moment) we received a very personal service, as soon as we sat down, the waiter was there taking our drink order; if we wanted to sit outside to eat and there were no tables, they would spot this and usher us to a table and have it set in a jiffy.
There is no rush of towel planting in the morning, again peak-season and loads of sunbeds to go round, although they are the plastic kind so a lie-lo on top makes them more comfy. If you want the biz of a pool-side sunbed then get up in time for 8 o’clock breakfast. If you want more peace & seclusion (like us) go to the sunbeds further out. All three of my boys (husband, 11 & 17 year old) loved the Ping-Pong competitions, the water polo & water volleyball. I loved the aqua dance (there is a lot of Zumba type music played – but we are in Spain!). The three pools mean that if you don’t want to take part in the activity there is still the other pools to use.
Night time entertainment is purely for the very young children in the disco bar, I’m afraid, but the flip side of this meant that the other bar upstairs was relatively child free and we could have a quiet drink and play cards on the comfy outdoor seating area. On Thursday there was a live singing act that was very good.
The beach is gritty and the slope into the water is steep, I was even wary of letting my 11 year old in on his own and he can swim. Timing to get there has been exaggerated and only takes 20 minutes if you stop to look in the usual types of shops that line the street to get there.
Oh and you do get dropped on the main road but there is only a petrol station between that and the hotel. Although this does slope up a bit but with wheelie cases it is no problem. This is screened from the pool area with palm trees etc and when lying at the pool you could be anywhere in the world (but costs less and is only a two hour flight away).
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Costa Encantada Hotel
- Aparthotel Costa Encantada Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Costa Encantada
- Costa Encantada Aparthotel Hotel
- Aparthotel Costa Encantada Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the residential area of Fenals 600 metres from the beach. Come and enjoy the unbelievable surroundings of sea and mountains here at the Costa Encantada, a small paradise of tranquillity. The best kept secret on the Costa Brava.Costa Encantada is composed of 284 apartments. All have fully equipped kitchen with electric stove and all utensils necessary. The bathroom has a tub, shower, hair dryer and other accessories.We also have telephone and satellite TV with flat screen in the dining room. Des on the terrace of the apartments you can admire beautiful views. All apartments are equipped with air conditioning, heating, alarm clock and safe (the safe use of an additional cost).Studio for 2 people:It is a one-room apartment that has two beds, bathroom, kitchen, TV and terrace with views. Apartment of 2 to 4 people:They have a room with two beds, two sofa beds in the room, bathroom, kitchen and terrace. Apartment of 2 to 5 people: They have two bedrooms with two beds, two sofa beds in the room, bathroom, kitchen, TV and terrace with views . Apartment of 4 to 6 people. They have a room with two beds, three sofa beds in the dinning, bathroom, kitchen, TV and terrace with views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Olotels, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Aparthotel Costa Encantada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.