We have been at guest at Rydges (now the Mecure) at least 6 times a year for the last 5 years. We were even married at the Chappel there and had our wedding at their reception venue.We celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary last week and decided to go stay there. When we booked we realised it had been taken over by Mecure but didnt think anything of it. What a joke that was. Firstly the lady at the reception was rude and couldnt have had more of a sour look on her face, this was not what we were used to. While we were waiting for our room to be processed, a gentleman approached asking if his television was broken as there was no free to air tv for his children to watch. It was then we found out that they no longer offer free to air television you have to PAY to watch anything on your television. I thought this was rather pathetic and was glad my son was not accompanying us on this trip. Next they didnt have enough staff at the bar. 2 people working on a Saturday with lines of people waiting for overpriced drinks. We ended up heading into town and spending our money and time there. It also seemed that in our room the curtains were not able to keep the morning sun out so we were awoken quite early. I was sure they had blackout curtains last time we were there.I was also disappointed when we arrived for breakfast (which again was more expensive than usual) to see that they had cut items that were usually there and their juices tasted like cheap concentrate which was obvious they werent real juice. I know this is a negative review but I was truely disappointed in how Meccure have destroyed what was once a great place to bring your family.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Capricorn Resort Yeppoon Hotel
- Mercure Capricorn Resort Yeppoon Hotel Yeppoon
- Capricorn Hotel Yeppoon
- Capricorn Hotel Rockhampton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close your eyes and imagine the sounds of the waves lapping the shore, of the wind rustling the leaves, the sun on your face, not a cloud in the sky and the smell of the ocean breeze. Now open them, look and feel. Set on 20km of secluded coral reef coastline, the resort offers something for everyone. The Resort's facilities include two international golf courses, stylish dining concepts, 25 free activities, water sports, horse riding, wetland tours, rainforest canoe adventure tours and much much more. Go for a walk amongst the surrounding unspoilt bush and wetlands, home to some of Australia's most beautiful and rare wildlife, or stroll along our very own 20km of pristine beach frontage which looks out towards the cool clear waters of the Great Barrier Reef and tropical islands of the neighbouring Keppel Island Group. You could also choose to laze around in the sunshine with a refreshing cocktail. We have one of the largest freshwater pools in the South Pacific. Do as much or do as little, that is entirely up to you. Our aim is to provide a friendly and professional standard of service for all our guests, by providing unique facilities which blend harmoniously with the natural wonders of the unique environment which surrounds the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Capricorn Resort Yeppoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.