I decided to have a little escapade to this resort in order to spend some quality time with my parents in a rather unique ambience. So I wanted the best possible place for them to relax, and chose this hotel with high expectations.
For $300 CAD a night, I was quite confident that this hotel was going to be exceptional, as its location and surroundings are just breath-taking.
Instead, we got a mediocre hotel, with a sub-standard service, filled with people whom obviously didn't want to be there and that did not meet the least of our expectations.
Since we booked through Expedia, our breakfast wasn't included. The buffet was 20 dollars p.p. and the quality of the food was really poor (a bit above average of what regular hotels give you for free).
We were sent to the annex which is a newer section of the hotel, loosing all of the charm of the main lodge, and our room was dark as a dungeon. When I initially expressed my concern to the receptionist, she did not show any signs that she cared, and rather dismissed me as if I was bothering her. After a call to the concierge after seeing our room, this other person understood, and helped us to move to a better room. Still, the decoration is dated, and the maintenance of the hotel is poor.
If this hotel had charged 100 dollars a night or less, I probably would have agreed with the expectations that they initially set on me.
- Also Known As:
- Keltic Hotel
- Keltic Lodge Resort And Spa
- Keltic Hotel Ingonish
- Keltic Resort Ingonish
- Keltic Lodge Nova Scotia
- Keltic Lodge
- Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa Ingonish, Nova Scotia - Cape Breton Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic Cape Breton resort, Keltic Lodge Resort and Spa, is located in the heart of Cape Breton Highlands National Park overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Just 2 hours from Sydney, NS and a scenic 5 hour drive from Nova Scotia’s capital city Halifax, the 105 room resort has been welcoming guests to Cape Breton, Nova Scotia since July 1940. Keltic offers versatility for Cape Breton accommodations with rooms in the main lodge, spacious rooms in the Inn at Keltic and cozy two and four bedroom cottages with fireplaces and verandas. The Cape Breton resort is the perfect spot for a Nova Scotia family vacation with recreation facilities on-site or nearby that include a heated outdoor pool, Atlantic Ocean Ingonish Beach, hiking, wilderness trails, lawn games, whale watching, Aveda Spa and boat cruises. Adjacent to the resort is the Cape Breton golf icon, the 18 hole championship Highlands Links Golf Course, ranked by Score Golf Magazine as Atlantic Canada's Top Public Course in 2009. The Cape Breton golf course, rich in the Scottish tradition, has been restored to Stanley Thompson's magnificent original design. The Purple Thistle Breakfast Room and Atlantic Restaurant and Bar overlooking the Atlantic Ocean offer a comfortable dining experience and traditional Maritime menu. The Highland Sitting Room features a pub menu for lunch and dinner and nightly live Celtic entertainment. Nova Scotia conferences are welcome at Keltic Lodge with 13,000 sq ft of meeting space spread throughout the resort utilizing the restaurants and bars for private functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.