Stayed For 2 nights as a special treat for myself and partner.
The Castle building itself is impressive, as were the staff who were polite & freindly.
However I was not impressed with the "executive room" which I had booked.
We were allocated a "executive room " named " Spurstow" the room was small & dark with no view what so ever apart from a wall and people smoking in an area below.
The bedroom, not including the bathroom , was no more than 14ft x 12ft which I would not class as "executive".
I enquired at reception to confirm that I had been allocated an executive room, and was informed that it was as it had a roll top bath....... big deal.. not exactly executive.....
The walls were so thin that, at night, I could hear every detail of the performance from the adjacent room....
The castle seems to cater for weddings etc and most areas were out of bounds to normal guests, there is no where to sit and relax and have a drink apart from a small brassiere and the bedroom was not an area to relax..
I would not recommend as a break for couples and definitely not for a family.
In my opinion it is over priced and certainly not worth what I was charged for an "Executive room"......
- Also Known As:
- Peckforton Castle Hotel Tarporley
- Peckforton Castle Hotel
- Peckforton Castle Tarporley, Cheshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Peckforton Castle - An enchanting Hotel in the heart of Cheshire. Rising majestically above the Cheshire landscape, the castle is both enigmatic and enchanting. Originally the home of Lord Tollemache and built in the early 19th Century, this Grade I listed building is the only intact medieval style Castle in the country. Over the years the castle has been the location for numerous movies including Robin Hood and Dr Who. Now owned by the Naylor family, the stunning exterior has been complemented by a loving and considered restoration programme resulting in a magnificent hotel and venue offering contemporary luxury and impeccable service. Services include 47 stunning individual guest rooms, conference, events, and wedding facilities for up to 180. Tranquility beauty, on site Falconry and team activities all adding up to a rather magical experience. Dining at the Castle truly is a special occasion, welcoming the public as well as hotel guests. The 1851 Restaurant offers a dining experience fit for royalty. Holder of 2 AA Rosettes and a Taste Cheshire Award. Alternatively the more informal and cosmopolitan 2010 Brasserie, located in the former scullery of the castle, features many of the amazing features of the original scullery including two cast iron cooking ranges dating back to the 1840's. Peckforton Castle's enchanting medieval style beauty and stunning location make it a truly impressive and desirable venue for weddings, christenings, birthday parties, or just about anything that's worth celebrating. Everything plays a part; the fabulous setting, stunning location, the attentive service and smiling faces, the bespoke menus and decorations. A magnificent venue for conferencing and meetings. Within the medieval walls, old and new combine seamlessly to offer state of the art multi media and conference facilities. Captivating on arrival, Peckforton Castle's unspoilt, natural beauty will stimulate and motivate, delight the eye, inspire the mind, tantalise the taste buds and leave you enchanted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Peckforton Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.