While our accommodations and meals at Lake House were very good, my husband's experience at the on-premises Salus Day Spa was terrible. On arrival, the hotel management informed us that reservations had been made at the Salus Spa for both of us the following day, to ensure all appointments were not taken. My husband has had facials for years, at home and when traveling in the U.S. and internationally. I chose a pedicure, so I can not comment first hand, except for the subsequent conversations we had with the Lake House manager on duty and the Four Seasons Hotel Spa aesthetician. My husband's experience follows:
The technician had me check in and escorted me to a services room. I was required to complete a form agreeing that I was not entitled to a refund, under any circumstances; a first for me. The technician began applying cream to my face and after about 10 minutes, I asked her if she was going to cleanse my face. She said that they use Elemis products exclusively and none of Salus Spa's staff do facial cleansing! Because of the agreement that Salus Spa requires, I permitted the technician to complete the facial. After I showered and changed clothes and advised my wife what happened, we went up to the reception area and I asked to speak to the manager on duty. She was the same person who checked us in. I explained my experience to her and that it was the first time I had ever experienced or heard of such treatment during a facial. The manager said that she was very sorry about my experience and that the Salius Spa was a separate operation, not controlled by Lake House. She added that shortly after she arrived at Lake House, she had a facial and had the same experience. She asked why the spa staff did not do cleansing and was told that it was recommended against doing so by Elemis. So I was out of luck getting any assistance from Lake House. You have probably wondered why I used the term technician, instead of aesthetician, when referring to the Salus Spa person performing the facial. That's because there was no certificate anywhere, certifying that she was a licensed aesthetician.
Upon returning to Sydney, we spoke with an aesthetician at the Four Seasons Hotel Spa about my husband's experience. She told us that they use Elemis products and that she never heard of any recommendation from Elemis or any other such firm not to use a cleansing procedure when using their products for a facial. She also said that she never heard of giving a facial without cleansing the face first; you lock in the dirt. The rating for Service below reflects the impact of the spa treatment on our overall service.
Needless to say, we will never use or recommend Salus Day Spa to anyone and have serious reservations about recommending Lake House as well, due to their policy of recommending but not standing behind the Spa's services. There are too many better alternatives in Australia and elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- Lake House Hotel Daylesford
- Lake House Hotel
- Lake Hotel Daylesford
- Daylesford Lakehouse
- Lake House Daylesford, Australia - Victoria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake House sits on the shores of Lake Daylesford 80 minutes from Melbourne. 35 Rooms and Suites are either in a courtyard setting or overlooking the lake shore. The 2 Chef Hat restaurant offers modern Australian cuisine paying homage to the region's excellent seasonal produce and is matched with an award winning 10,000 bottle cellar. Guests may like to have a hit of tennis followed by tea and refreshments in the tennis pavilion, a glass of wine by the open fire or a game of billiards in the Lounge. Given the opportunity to explore the gardens guests will come upon the Kitchen Garden, a myriad of sculptures and artwork from many of the region’s top artists, extensive outdoor terraces overlooking the lake shore and established country gardens with everything from koala loved stringy barks to lilac, Daphne, quince, plum and apple trees. The Salus Day Spa is an oasis of tranquillity and offers guests an indulgent way to “take to the waters” with all manner of hydrotherapy on offer. Two tree house cabins overlook Lake Daylesford and house hot mineral water tubs – bliss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Booking.com and Otel so you can book your Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.