Let me start by saying I stayed here in 2007, then again in 2010 for two weeks each time...what a HUGE improvement during the 2010 stay!
Customer Service: I personally felt the service here was great on both stays. The staff is friendly and smiling!
Comfort: The hotel was recently remodeled and the beds are now comfortable and the bedding feels nice. Several pillows are provided, both soft and firm. Towels are typical hotel towels.
Quiet: They must have taken care to reduce noise by adding insulation during the remodel..or something. I slept very well, barely heard a sound. I travel often on business and rarely sleep well because most Holiday Inns have thin walls. Wasn't a problem for me here this time. (In 2007, it was.) I slept better here than I have slept at a hotel in years!
Breakfast: I never eat the provided breakfast, but they serve the typical Holiday Inn fare, scrambled eggs, bacon, hot cinnamon rolls, whatever bread products you may desire, cereal, oatmeal, muffins, teas, coffee, and juices. My coworkers enjoyed it.
Elevator: No, still no elevator. If you aren't able to take your luggage up one flight of stairs, request a first floor room. The staff is friendly, they will oblige if they can.
In summary, the hotel was remodeled in 2008, so keep in mind experiences before and after that date may be quite different. I admit, I was a bit concerned about returning, but now that I have experienced it, I am happy to say they took the criticisms and improved upon the structure during the remodel.
And if you want GREAT food while staying here, try Bella's Italian Restaurant just down the road. Yummy and reasonable prices!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Celina Hotel Celina
- Holiday Inn Express Celina Hotel
- Celina Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Celina
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ** Currently under construction! During the installtion of our elevator, please accept pool area closure until further notice. Please call a head to confirm if it is open. Thank you!**Guests Enjoy Celina Hotel's Convenient Location. Among the rich farmland of western Ohio, the Holiday Inn Express® Hotel Celina has a location with an ideal setting to meet the needs of business and leisure guests. Adjacent to most local industries and close to all of the attractions in Celina, Ohio, this hotel's location is perfect for every traveler. There are a number of corporate destinations that are easily reached from the hotel. Celina, Ohio and its surrounding area include companies like Crown Equipment, Celina Insurance Group, Fanning Howey, CAPT, Reynolds and Reynolds and R.J. Corman. Commuting to businesses is made easy, as well, thanks to the hotel's proximity to State Route 29. Plenty of leisure activities are just a short drive from the hotel. Celina, Ohio hosts numerous summer festivals and country music concerts each year. Fox's Den Golf Course is located right next to the hotel and is open to the public. Guests can go fishing or boating at Grand Lake St Marys State Park nearby or visit students at Wright State University - Lake Campus. Visitors can also head over to Elbora Speedway and get their adrenaline pumping. The Holiday Inn Express® Celina hotel has a beautiful, relaxing indoor pool and whirlpool, as well as the complimentary, hot Express Start Breakfast Bar. If you need to work out, just ask the Front Desk for a free pass to the local YMCA. When you visit Celina, take advantage of the convenience we offer. Two story hotel with no elevator, luggage assistance available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Celina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.