We booked this hotel last minute due to the weather in the UK, seems a lot of others did the same. We arrived at 6pm after a journey on a bus with no Air con, no air con in reception and got to our room which also had no air con on and not even a bottle of cold water in the fridge.
This hotel is in a lovely location in the middle of the town so plenty of shops and walks. The hotel itself does not seem very big and the rooms are really nice and clean, beds and pillows very comfortable. There are 2 pools and there was mostly always a sun bed if you wanted it but we found it was rather hot so tended to sit under an umbrella nearer the beach where there was a very welcome breeze. The beach itself is at the hotel next door and half the beds etc. belong to Aquis. There are lots of stones and pebbles to cross to get into the water but that did not deter people.
The staff are all very friendly with lots of young Eastern Europeans in the restaurant and the Romantic Bar. We were surprised when we discovered there was no waiter service in the restaurant, you sat where you wanted and helped yourself to tea, coffee, wine, beer, soft drinks etc. The food was well presented and cooked but very little variation and always seemed to be done on the cheap. On the grill was mainly grilled pork, patties or liver, there was never any fish or steaks or anything interesting which we have always had at all of the other 8 AI hotels we have stayed at. There was always the basic salads, chips, bolognaise, spaghetti, a meat stew and a fish stew. There are deserts, fresh fruit and ice cream.
We had been sold this hotel as a 5* but it is advertised by Aquis as a 4*. We choose it for the Adult Only, which was great and the A la carte restaurant but we were not aware that you have to pay for this 13 euros min. and wine at 16 euros min.
The AI finishes at 12 noon when you check out as you have to show your room card to be able to eat in the restaurant or drink in the bars.
We were unable to get wi-fi in our room so had to go to the romantic bar to use my laptop.
We stayed for 14 days and had a good time.
There is real potential with this hotel which is easily done by providing better quality food especially on the grill. The Romantic Bar also serves drinks with little alcohol so in the end, we ordered our spirit and mixer separately so that we were able to taste it. The A la carte restaurants would be better as part of the AI thus giving guests a change from the samey buffet we have never had to pay more than £2 to use one before.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Silva Beach Hotel
- Aquis Silva Beach Hotel Chersonisos
- Aquis Silva Beach Hersonissos
- Aquis Silva Beach Hotel Hersonissos
- Silva Maris
- Aquis Silva Beach Crete, Greece
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At a distance of just half an hour from the Heraklion. Aquis Silva Beach Hotel operates as an adults only all-inclusive resort hotel, where one can choose from a plethora of activities or if otherwise inclined just relax on the beach or around the pool. The Hotel was completely renovated during winter 2010. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelBookers, Priceline, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Aquis Silva Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.