I have just returned from a fortnight at the Aquis Zorbas Village with my wife and 3 children aged 5,3 and 1. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a family holiday for anyone with young children or teenagers. The staff throughout the complex are all very friendly and helpful and always keen to ensure you're having a good time.
The rooms are all very clean and are all on the ground or first floor levels which is great if you have small kids. The grounds and gardens throughout are beautiful and well maintained. There are two swimming pools, one of these being a shallow kids pool fenced off in a seperate area adjacent to the main pool. The pools are very clean and appear to be cleaned each morning with the Chlorine levels being checked once or twice daily.
The food is first class with a large buffet style restaurant with a decent number of tables located outdoors with a lovely view of the sea. There is a decent variety of food which all appears to have been freshly prepared. A number of Greek specialities are on offer and these should be sampled. They don't always look the most appetising but usually taste really good. For a 9 Euro charge each you can dine at the Olive Tree Restaurant on the complex. This caters for traditional Greek style cuisine and is well worth a visit. Make sure you don't eat before you go though as the food is a plentiful, and you certainly won't complain about being underfed!
The Animation Team are extremely hard working from early morning to late at night. There are two kids clubs; one catering for French guests and an International Kids Club that help keep the kids amused throughout the day. The mini disco each evening was a big hit with our children. The entertainment shows put on after the mini disco's could be a bit corny but the kids really enjoyed them, which i suppose is what its all about! All the animation team were brilliant but a special thanks to Gosia who helped make our daughters holiday really special!
The atmosphere throughout the complex was really pleasant, and had a nice international mix, with about 50% French, and the rest mainly British, German, Polish and Russian, with the occasional Irish ones like ourselves thrown in for good measure. If you want a rowdy 18-30 style holiday go to Malia. If its family entertainment you're looking for, this could well be the place for you!
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Zorbas Village Hotel
- Aquis Zorbas Village Hotel Chersonisos
- Aquis Zorbas Village Hersonissos
- Aquis Zorbas Village Hotel Hersonissos
- Aquis Zorbas Village Crete, Greece
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aquis Zorbas Village acquired by Aquis Hotels and Resorts from the summer 2009 onwards. Low rise complex located in the well known area of Hersonissos, Anissaras in Crete, on a quite sandy beach amidst landscaped gardens with palm trees and colorful flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Aquis Zorbas Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.