Ample parking, clean and airy atmosphere with helpful, friendly staff and located on edge of Lyndhurst.
Although I was travelling alone the room felt on the small side with everything you would expect from a hotel of this calibre but shoe-horned into a limited space.
Equally, the dividing wall between the rooms was paper-thin and I could hear almost every syllable of the argument my neighbours were having until after 01:00hrs in the morning, when this was replaced by their snoring until just before 06:00hrs when they woke up and had an ordinary conversation that I could have joined in with - not their fault, just very thin walls.
I ate in the bar in the evenings. The food was OK but both the lager and bitter from the pumps was cloudy. Service was fine.
Breakfast was served in the beautifully appointed restaurant. Service was a little on the slow side but the food was very nice. Waiting staff were really nice and friendly but they both struggled with English which was a real shame and more than a little unfair on them as they seemed genuinely embarrassed not understanding when guests asked them for things like tomato sauce.
All in all, not the best hotel experience. I may just have stayed at the wrong time in the wrong room as this hotel does seem to have many favourable reviews.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Forest Lodge Hotel
- Best Western Forest Lodge Hotel Lyndhurst
- Best Western Lyndhurst
- Lyndhurst Best Western
- Best Western Forest Hotel
- BEST WESTERN Forest Lodge Lyndhurst, New Forest
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Forest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.