We stayed here with friends for their anniversary as they had taken us to pick up our new car from a village nearby. First impression as we pulled up wasn't good we laughed as it looked like flats with no windows to the front. The reception was small staff very friendly. We had booked superior rooms thankfully. Our room was ok but our friends, whose anniversary it was, had dried sick on the carpet and up the valance of the bed. They called reception who sent housekeeping and she offered to change the valance but the carpet would remain the same and our friends were not happy with that. They were offered another room and were told that was ok, but it wasn,t, the head board was broken and on the floor. Third time lucky and a free bottle of wine with our meal and they were finally sorted. There was a wedding going on in the marquee so we were the only ones at dinner, we had the restaurant and waiter to ourselves. The food was very good, we had booked the dinner, bed and breakfast rate which was good value. Surrounding area was very good and you could walk through to the canal and see the barges. We walked to a pub on the canal which served excellent food. Overall we did have a good time as its what you make of it with your friends.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Watermill
- Hemel Hempstead Best Western
- Best Western Hemel Hempstead
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western The Watermill Hotel, one of the finest modern Hotels in Hemel Hempstead is built around an old flour mill and offers excellent accommodations in Hemel Hempstead with a panoramic view of River Bulbourne threading through the property. Experience a serene, Old World retreat from bustling city life in this picturesque modern hotel. A convenient getaway venue with plenty of spacious free car parking. Watermill also offers wonderful amenities and hospitality for a relaxing stay, with convenient access to the area's tourist, industrial and commercial centres. Our hotel in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire include 71 tastefully appointed rooms, several with beautiful views of the lush green meadows and the River Bulbourne. A blend of refined luxury and and refreshing tranquility is sure to romance both leisure and business travelers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN The Watermill Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.