Myself and my friend booked a night away for our respective wives Christmas present. We couldn't book on-line, the site wouldn't accept any card. So we decided to phone and ask if we could reserve a room this way- we were told by a very unhelpful and abrupt lady that we needed to try the website again and it was our cards (x3) that were the problem. She said if she took the booking we would not get the special spa and golf discount. We tried again, using more cards still wouldn't work. We phoned again the next day and spoke to a very nice lady that booked the night for us with minimal problem. The next week I phoned to ask if we needed to pre-book special spa treatments for the girls and was told by the same abrupt, unhelpful lady that we dealt with previously and were told "no", and "just turn up". When we arrived we were told by a nice receptionist that all the treatments were booked up- not great when this was the purpose of the trip! So the girls used the pools for a rather pricey £25 each! Myself and my mate played golf and had a great time.
The hotel room was clean and comfortable with a cracking view over the golf course and lent itself to a good nights sleep. We had tried to book a table in the restaurant for dinner, we were initially told yes by the unhelpful, abrupt lady and then 3 hours later phoned and told "no". When we waited in the reception for our taxi to take us into town for dinner, there were only 2 or 3 tables used by diners at our desired time to eat- so why were we told no?? Anyway, maybe this was a blessing as the turkish restaurant in Tenterden was fantastic.
Overall, very annoyed at the lack of spa action for the girls and annoyed at miss (or mrs) abrupt. But, oddly I would stay again.......
- Also Known As:
- London Beach Country Hotel And Spa
- London Beach Country Hotel Tenterden
- London Beach Country Hotel
- Best Western Tenterden
- Tenterden Best Western
- London Beach Country Hotel & Spa Tenterden, Kent
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The London Beach Country Hotel has a magnificent Health Club and Spa with expert beauticians to pamper you and all the latest treatments available. It also has its own mature parkland Golf Club. The hotel offers affordable luxury. It is situated just two minutes from the historic market town of Tenterden , fifteen minutes from Rye and twenty minutes from Ashford International Station, within easy reach of the M 20 motorway and the channel ports.As Tenterden's premier hotel it offers outstanding facilities including spacious bedrooms with private balconies and free wireless Internet access.The hotel's restaurants offer a wide choice of menus catered by our award-winning chefs. Whether your stay is for business or pleasure our friendly staff will meet your every need.For the perfect Break with your partner or friends. No decisions needed the choice is so wide. Combine a Golf Break with a Spa Break or one of the many options available.Please note: The Luxury Spa is available for £25 surcharge on non Spa packages, Spa Facilities are 21+ only ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your London Beach Country Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.