We were staying with friends in this delightful village. Our friends have a house next to the beech at the bottom of the hill. By the time you walk up to the restaurant you have built up a good appetite and you will need it.
There were was some great starters but I could only order the black pudding tower. The fish dishes were delightful and were accompanied by lots of begs and potatoes. Nice desserts and the Irish coffee rounded off a great meal.
The staff were good and the couple who run the restaurant are a nice Yorkshire couple. The chef demonstrated a nice touch.
Only criticism is that you get too much food.
- Also Known As:
- The Wayfarer Bistro & Guesthouse Hotel Robin Hoods Bay
- The Wayfarer Bistro & Guesthouse Hotel
- The Wayfarer Bistro And Guesthouse
- The Wayfarer Bistro & Guesthouse Yorkshire, UK - North Yorkshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally the 'Top Shop' in Robin Hood's Bay, the Wayfarer has been lovingly restored as a bistro to a very high standard. Owners Chris and Lucy Hutchinson have created the perfect atmosphere in their Bistro with original wood floors and antique pine tables mixed with a contemporary decor. The menu changes every month and the specials board is changed daily. The Wayfarer also provides cozy accommodation. Newly completed, it offers en-suite bedrooms, with a high standard of service, delicious meals and exceptional value for money in a relaxed candle lit setting, it's perfect for a romantic get away. ... more less