This hotel was chosen by a cousin for his daughters wedding and we decided to stay over. From the word go the staff were very friendly and helpful. THe hotel is a beautiful building orginally by John Dobson of Newcastle Grey Street fame. All public rooms were well furnished in a style befitting the building. For some reason we were given an 'accessible room' with a walk in shower which took some time and a cold water splash to master but I am looking for fault here where there wasn't really any. A walk in the gounds and a failure to solve the maze were highlights of an afternoon were we sat and drank coffee on the terrace in the sunshine. Our only problem we forgot to take our swimming things and could not sample the excellent swimming pool and sauna.
- Also Known As:
- Doxford Hall Hotel Alnwick
- Doxford Hall Hotel
- Doxford Hall Hotel And Spa Alnwick, Northumberland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For a relaxing and luxurious holiday, short break or special event Doxford Hall is your perfect choice. Each of our 31 bedrooms have their own traditional charm and character and benefit from modern facilities bespoke furniture and many with views over the gardens. As a residential guest you can experience the indoor leisure facilities, swimming pool, spa baths, steam room and sauna. Open daily, the award winning George Runciman Restaurant is a genuine experience in fine dining. Doxford Hall is perfectly situated for guests to explore the stunning Northumberland coastline, countryside and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Doxford Hall Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.