This was pulled off late rooms as the room was on offer. It is situated in a pleasant market town, which is fairly small but nice enough for a wander. The staff were very freindly and helpful, and even brought us piping hot breakfast in bed which they don't normally do on Sunday morning. The hotel is very large and has various bars and function rooms, and it is a little on the scruffy side. However, the room with the four poster bed was superb, massive and very comfortable four poster bed in a large room. Bathroom only had a shower but was all clean and worked well once set to the right temperature. Towels were on the small side and the flat screen TV didn't have good reception.
But otherwise a pleasant stay. We didn't have an evening meal there, and ended up in the Market Restautant across the road which was excellent but expensive.
- Also Known As:
- Old Crown Coaching Hotel Faringdon
- Old Crown Coaching Hotel
- Old Crown Coaching Inn Faringdon, Oxfordshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 16th century coaching inn arranged around a cobbled courtyard. Rustic bar at the front of the property with open fire and real ales. Courtyard lounge serves breakfast and coffee each morning. Carvery every Sunday lunch time ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Old Crown Coaching Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.