My family and I stayed at the Olive Mill for two days.
Having just read other recent reviews there seems to be a pattern emerging. Lack of strong management and perhaps staff shortage. Our room was not serviced at all. When this was reported there was no attempt to rectify the error except to change the cups and saucers! We ran out of toilet paper and other consumables. The wait for food in the restaurant was interminable despite few customers at table. So much for the negatives.
The positives are: plenty of parking, quiet with a nice view out and a pleasant proprietor Mark who is a Cypriot and thus the Mediterranean style.
Tip for dining: the Ashcott pub just down the road is marvellous for pub grub and good beer and cider. This is in contrast to the Olive Mill that has no 'local' flavour, no local beer or cider in barrels.
- Also Known As:
- The Olive Mill Hotel Bridgwater
- The Olive Mill Hotel
- The Olive Mill Bridgwater, Somerset
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Olive Mill is a Bar and Restaurant with Guest rooms set in the heart of the west country. Enjoy excellent traditional British cuisine and Mediterranean and seafood specialities with tasteful ensuite accommodation featuring outstanding views of the Mendips, Cheddar and surrounding countryside. Some rooms also have a balcony.The Olive Mill is located within easy reach of Bridgwater, Glastonbury and Street on the A39 and provides a superb location for dining out for any occasion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Olive Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.