We had never been to a Butlin's before so this was a first for us. We used the Sun voucher holiday offer so the price of our stay for 4 nights was extremely reasonable!
The good points...
Lots of activities to get involved in (plenty of which was free)
Very clean resort
Every thing on site so no need to leave if you didn't want to (we did spend a day on a very lovely beach about 20 mins west from the resort I think it was called Whitlings or some thing similar)
Great restaurants on site which sold reasonably priced very tasty food.
There was a spa on site which had every thing you needed but was a little pricey but we found a Tesco's 5 mins away and got all our food from there.
The not so great bits....
We stayed in a self catering standard appartment which left a little to be desired. It was a challet which had seen better days - very worn and a bit dirty looking. But it was clean and we didn't spend too much time in it as we were out and about enjoying the activities. The hotels from the outside all looked amazing so next time I think we will stay in one of them instead.
It could be quite noisey at night with people coming and going and slamming doors to their appartments. It didn't bother us too badly but one of our neighbours children was woken up repetedly through the night by the noise.
There was not too much in Bognor Regis itself - lots of hotels and a few pubs so we spent pretty much all our time on resort.
Over all we had a fantastic holiday and our 2 year old loved the rides and activities so I would highly recommend it as a holiday destination. We are going to return next year using the holiday vouchers again as this makes it a very reasonable holiday.
Thanks for reading x
- Also Known As:
- Butlins Bognor Regis Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Bognor Regis Hotel
- Butlins Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Resort Bognor Regis
- Butlins Bognor Regis
- Butlins Bognor Regis Resort West Sussex
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bognor Regis is officially one of Britain’s sunniest locations, sitting right on the West Sussex coast. Within just a couple of hours drive from London, Butlins Bognor Regis is the perfect getaway. Known as a traditional seaside town, we’ve given it a modern ‘twist’ with two funky hotels; the Ocean Hotel and the Shoreline Hotel. There’s a relaxing spa (ideal for grown-ups) and if you feel like discovering the area around the resort, the South Downs National Park and heritage sites are right on your doorstep. ... more less