The Bishops have lovingly created these beachside cabins with all custom designs. Every detail was given careful, expert attention. It was just stunning. You have to see this to believe it.
Our cabin had a large porthole view of The Nut, big enough for an adult to sit in (I did). The bathroom was done in ocean colors, so it almost felt like I was swimming in the ocean when I showered. The woods in the coffee table, bed headboard, etc. were all unique and beautifully crafted. Were they furniture or were they art? We had all we needed, could have cooked full meals for a family quite comfortably here. Janette had put together a wonderful binder on local flora, fauna, restaurants, activities.
They also paid great attention to the environment, with no sacrifice to comfort. I really appreciate the attention to Tasmania's environment.
We have traveled all over the world, and no place has come close to delighting our senses and sensibilities like the Beachside Retreat in Stanley. It is what will bring us back to Tasmania, from the United States.
- Also Known As:
- Beachside Retreat West Inlet Stanley
- Beachside Retreat West Inlet Stanley, Tasmania
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachside Retreat is a luxurious waterfront hideaway, near the historic town of Stanley, in north western Tasmania. Here, contemporary, award-winning beach houses, just for couples, nestle in coastal vegetation on the dunes, overlooking a secluded, private beach. For a larger party, book the farmhouse-style lodge, adjacent to the homestead and saltwater pools. Relax and unwind in complete privacy, forget the outside world and breathe the purest air on the planet. Collect fresh, wild oysters for breakfast, walk the pristine golden sands, fish or bird watch in the inlet. At night, enjoy a dip in the heated, saltwater pool, under a starlit sky, or relax in the large outdoor heated spa with friends. Absolutely magical! By day, experience a half day tour by Mercedes Benz 4WD into the Tarkine Wilderness, with your host and guide. Owners, Chris and Janette, formerly from the UK, invite you to stay awhile on their beautiful, beachfront cattle property; an ideal getaway or romantic honeymoon/wedding location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Beachside Retreat West Inlet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.