Having made reservations over the phone, everything sounded like it was in order and the gal couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Check-in was just fine since we arrived after hours so we had no interaction with their staff. The condo with kitchenette was average, but very dark. The condo could really use more or brighter lights. There's a four burner range top, but no stove. The beds were comfortable and all-in-all since we were not spending much time in the condo it wasn't too bad. Now, our interactions with the front desk staff on three occasions was different. Difficult to explain as they were not rude and no "we are sorry." It is almost as if they don't get it. I had asked for one page of directions to be printed and got the "deer in the headlights" look. Additionally, we required another night stay on a Sunday night, but were told no and that we had to checkout. Typically, one gets a sorry followed by a recommendation for other accommodations. I was surprised since the resort was dead. Besides our vehicle there were two or three others in the parking area. The proximity to the Meadows and Hood River ended up being a plus.
- Also Known As:
- Cooper Spur Mountain Hotel Parkdale
- Cooper Spur Mountain Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cooper Spur Mountain Resort is a rustic mountain lodge and resort specializing in family vacations, weddings, retreats and group events. Located on the magnificent north side of Mt. Hood and set in the midst of the beautiful Mt. Hood National Forest, our lodge is surrounded by pine trees with views of three different mountain peaks; Mt. Hood, Mt. Adams, and Mt. Rainier. Just 23 miles south of Hood River, Oregon, and 12 miles from Mt. Hood Meadows Ski Resort, Cooper Spur Mountain Resort is ideal for those seeking year- round mountain adventures. It's a quick and easy 90 minute drive from Portland, yet is secluded to allow guests to remove themselves from their stressful daily lives to enjoy the surrounding nature. Accommodations include lodge hotel rooms, lodge condos, cabins, and a 4-bedroom log home (perfect for large families or corporate retreats). The peeled log structures present a charm and elegance you would expect in this mountain environment. All units have woodburning fireplaces with the exception of our lodge hotel rooms. All of our units also have refrigerators so guests can bring along meals and snacks. The lodge condos and cabins have kitchenettes and the 4-bedroom log house has a fully-equipped kitchen; ideal for extended stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Cooper Spur Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.