I stayed at this Motel 6 on the last night of a four night trip to the Oregon coast. Mostly because I wanted a shorter drive back to Seattle the next day. The location is right on Highway 101 and not on the beach. My room was back a little from the road and I didn't really notice any highway noise.
The room ended up costing over $75 instead of the advertised $53.99, which seemed a little high, even with the tax. But, I was too tired at this point to really care.
I am giving it a "poor" and not a "terrible" because the front desk lady when I checked in was very friendly. Upon check-in I asked if they had any rooms left with fridges and she said no, but then checked and discovered one available. I had my dog with me, so I got a pet friendly, non-smoking room. The room smelled horrible! I think it had once been a smoking room. It also smelled like a crazy cat lady had brought all her cats and let them use it as a litter box. My dog was very interested in smelling a certain spot in the room. This is one of the few hotels I've stayed in that I wouldn't walk barefoot on the carpet in.
The couch was absolutely filthy, but the bed seemed clean and I didn't find it uncomfortable. There was a small amount of black mold in the bathroom. The timer knob on the microwave was broken. I was surprised that there was no shampoo or conditioner, just soap. Maybe this is standard for Motel 6? I just expect that for $75 I should get at least these little niceities.
On the plus side, the hotel was completely booked, yet it was quiet. I had no trouble sleeping. In the evening I went to the lobby to get some coffee (no coffee maker in the room either, but I knew that going in) and there wasn't any. The nice desk clerk made some for me.
So as I said, I'm giving this a "poor" rating because the service was super friendly. I can't give it an "average" because an average room to me has shampoo, conditioner, coffee maker, etc. Next time I stay in Seaside, I will spend a little more on a nicer place.
- Also Known As:
- Motel 6 Seaside Oregon Hotel Seaside
- Motel 6 Seaside Oregon Hotel
- Motel 6 Seaside
- Motel Six Seaside
- Seaside Motel Six
- Seaside Motel 6
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Motel 6 Seaside is a newer location with indoor entries. The property has large well appointed rooms with free wifi, HBO, ESPN and 50+ other channels of t.v. Most rooms have micro fridges. There are two Jacuzzi rooms available for soaking the aches and pains away. It is located on the South end of town next to Bigfoot Pub n Grub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Motel 6 Seaside Oregon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.