Stayed one night in April. As we checked in we were told that there was no water in the hotel as a result of an emergency. I asked what the emergency was as well as if it was expected to come back on.The receptionist would not clarify and did not even know if the toilets would flush or if the showers worked. She only appologised that they could not take any bookings in the restaurant
It was late in the day so I had little option but to stay.
I asked if they were providing bottled water for the guests but could not get any more responses than the few lines that had been supplied to her. This was a terrible service as I would have expected some initutive. (I went to the shop next door and bought some bottled water) However I understand that the quality of staff in all organisations varies.
The water problem was fixed but no one bothered to tell us or put out a sign in reception.
Seemingly as a sweetener the receptionist offered my wife and I 'a free childs film'. I pointed out our age and was then told that I could have ' a free ADULT film' instead and that I would be asked when I watched it 'do I except the charges and to press yes and not to worry as I would not be charged.'
If my mum is reading don't worry we watched Warhorse.
You can probably see this coming but next morning- different receptionist (this time on the ball and very helpful) wanted to charge us several pounds for various items we had purchased via our TV, including the full communications package.
HOLIDAY INN be aware your TV services are confusing as we obviously ran up a bill for things that we did not use.
This receptionist was understanding and waved the charges.
The good news is that the hotel is well located, clean with large rooms. I can recomend the Harverster next door both for dinner and breakfast.
Stonehenge is not far away.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge Hotel
- Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge Hotel Amesbury
- Holiday Inn Amesbury
- Salisbury Stonehenge Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Salisbury
- Amesbury Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge Amesbury, Wiltshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the incredibly bold and stylish sophistication of the closest hotel accommodation to the mystical Stonehenge - Holiday Inn Salisbury-Stonehenge. Located on the A303 in the heart of picturesque Wiltshire, England, our contemporary Holiday Inn Salisbury hotel is easily accessible from the M3 motorway, London, the Midlands, and the West Country. Work, relax, and make the most of your stay in the modern, air-conditioned comfort of our well-appointed rooms and suites. Savour mouth-watering cuisine or unwind with casual cocktails in our AA Rosette award winning Solstice Bar & Grill restaurant. Enjoy a STARBUCKS coffee while making use of the free Wi-Fi in our lounge, ideal for informal business meetings or just catching up with friends. Experience easy access to the colourful landscape of sights and attractions dotting the English countryside. Whether you’re traveling for business or on holiday, you’ll enjoy the superb amenities and boutique-style services that set us apart from the usual Salisbury Stonehenge hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.