Beyond being convienent to the airport and having a Starbucks, there is nothing positive to say about this hotel. As this hotel is a Marriott Renaissance property, I expected this hotel to have quality accomodations.
Let me start with what is wrong:
1) The beds are awful! While the linens were fine, the mattress and pillows were either really old or really cheap.
2) The rooms are very small (even for London). The space around the bed is less than 2 feet.
3) The shower hight is so low that at 5'9", I still had to duck to use it.
4) The Air Conditioning only works in some areas of the hotel, which did not inlcude my room. So your room has that musty smell. I asked about having this fixed and they said the maintenance person would not be in for a few days.
5) The food was awful. I was there for a 2 day meeting and they have a buffet for all 3 meals. They have powdered eggs in the morning and the beverage service is non-existant.
6) The hotel decor (except the lobby) is stuck in 60's.
On the positive side, the cleaining crew does a good job and the lounge was very nice and effiicient.
The best part about the hotel is that they have signs up that say "Bring extra film" as they advertise that getting a room with a runway view as the hotel highlight.
The hotel is primarily used for airline crew and business meetings as it is too expensive for the casual traveler.
This hotel really needs a complete makeover!
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel London Heathrow
- Renaissance Hotel Hounslow
- Renaissance Hounslow
- Hounslow Renaissance
- Renaissance Heathrow
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Olotels, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.