Visited Tralee by the sea for a romantic weekend away, whilst the appartment itself was imaculate and very nicely decorated there were a few negatives which really annoyed us.
- It's not by the sea. The website (and the name) give the impression that its close to the sea, its not. Not unless you count 1.5 k to Werri beach and 3k or more to Seven mile beach.
- Again our hosts told us it was 500mtres from the station (we are carless) and it definitely wasn't!
- The appartment is not free standing as it looks on the website but is in actual fact in the back garden of the main house. Not very private at all and close to a busy main(ish) road which we could hear at night. (on the stays site you're shown a picture of a pretty federation house - this is NOT where you're staying but rather where the hosts live)
- There are no views to speak in the bottom appartment, the lounge looks out onto the drive way (packed with cars when we were there) the other windows look out to fences.
- When guests arrived upstairs we could here everything and I mean EVERYTHING. There is also a connecting door between the two flats which was rather unnervings as the other guests tried to open it several times.
The flyer and stayz review mentions a sumptious breakfast, (and its classed as a B&B in many mags/brochures) but no mention of breakfast was made to us - not a biggie there are lots of nice eateries in Gerringgong.
On the postive side
- The bed was fabulous very comfy.
- It was very nicely decorated and tidy and clean.
- Lots of little touches which were nice, hairdryer, scrabble and monopoly, milk on arrival, 3 choccies in the fridge
Also the hosts gave us a bottle of wine on the second day to apologise for not being there when we arrived and offered lifts to the station.
So very nice in all but the website is slightly misleading which led us to being a bit dissapointed.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC