Unless you would like to be kept awake all night, I would suggest the following: They are VERY aware of thier problem and were NOT surprised at all when I called to freak out at 6:45 am. We checked into room #516, which is smack in the center of the hotel on the 5th floor. If you listen carefully, you can hear cracking/ popping noises even during the day. However, at night, imagine: constant clatter sounding like sheet metal waving in the wind, coming from your cieling, walls and heating unit. This gets louder as the hotel grows more quiet for the night.
When I called the next morning to vent my frustrations, I asked to speak to the General Manager of the hotel. I was told 'he's not able to be located, but you are free to speak with our front desk manager.' While this lady was nice, and offered to move us to a 'much quieter room that doesn't seem to have these issues', I have two problems with this:
1) You must have known my room has this problem BEFORE you checked me in. Admitting that to me did NOT make me feel any better..... newsflash.
2) No offer was made to comp my room, reduce my rate or even give me a coupon for a cocktail in the bar!! Nothing, nada....zero. Just 'I'm sorry you didn't get any sleep the night before.' Lastly: the manager informed me that they are indeed aware the 5th floor is the worst, and unless they spend major dollars to renovate the old steam heating system in the hotel, it can't be fixed.....well, you're going to lose a lot of guests this way: people like myself that will not return. Maybe then the hotel will invest the necessary capital dollars to correct an unacceptable situation.
We stayed at this hotel because of its proximity to my daughter's dance competition that weekend. Let's just say that I will seek out the nearest Marriott for my next stay to Moon Township.....No thank you.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Pittsburgh Airport
- Doubletree Moon Township
- Moon Township Doubletree
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Doubletree Hotel Pittsburgh Airport is the airport corridor's premier full-service conference center hotel located only six miles from the Pittsburgh International Airport in Moon Township, Pennsylvania. Whether traveling for business or leisure, you will find all hotel amenities to suit your needs. Complimentary wireless, 24 hour fitness center, and full service restaurant are just a few of many that we offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Doubletree Hotel Pittsburgh Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.