My family and I had a great time at GWL last month. We stayed one night and frankly I thought that was enough. Some of the reviews here are absolutley spot on. Here are my thoughts.
1. Check it was great. The valet people were welcoming and friendly. They helped us with our luggage and even waited for us as we went through the checkin process at front desk. Front desk was quick even though there was a long line. The guy was friendly and helpful. No worries there.
2. We stayed one night in a regular family suite, 2 queen beds and pull out couch. There were 4 of us and it was more than enough room for a one night stay.
2. The kids LOVE this place. The waterpark, the cozy atmosphere, the games all around the hotel. Its fun for adults but this place is loud and crowded with kids running around like crazy especially at night. Kids are running around and making noise so late at night. We enjoyed it but I could not see myself staying more than one night here. With one night you get 2 days of waterpark which is more than enough time for kids.
3. The waterpark itself is pretty cool. Kids had a blast although it is VERY loud. You can barely hear yourself speak. I guess all that water splashing in an inclosed area makes it hard to hear.
4. The other reviewers are right about the food options. Not much of a selection especially of healthy food choices. The buffet however I thought was very reasonably priced and the waitress was very helpful.
5. All in all, a good stay and short get away. We'll be back next year.
- Also Known As:
- Great Wolf Hotel Scotrun
- Great Wolf Hotel
- Great Wolf Resort
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Great Wolf Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.