Let me count the ways.
After making a grueling drive back to the US from Canada, I decided to bunk down here for the night so that my young child and I could continue to Maryland refreshed the next morning. That didn't quite happen.
I reserved a non-smoking King Suite and although I wasn't expecting a five-star hotel "Presidential Suite" type room, calling what we got a "suite" was an overstatement. The room was actually a very large, rectangular space which looks like it may have housed two queen beds at one time.
This hotel has apparently been "refreshed" somewhat recently but the room we got appears to have been only partially redone.
Once we got off the elevator, I noticed that our non-smoking room (we were in room 226) was on a floor with smoking rooms. If you're asthmatic, allergic to cigarette smoke or just don't like the smell of it, please take note of this. Because it was late at night and I had a very tired child, I decided to speak to the front desk in the morning. The room itself didn't absolutely reek of smoke but the smell was pervasive.
The room itself looked like it could have benefited from a thorough cleaning and the carpet was filthy. Same with the furnishings. The decor also included a large drain-pipe on the ceiling near the bed and a very attractive crack in the ceiling.
The coffee pot was in the bathroom which I found very odd because there was a large desk in the room where it could have been placed.
I did not order room service but noticed that I'd have been charged an 18% gratuity (plus tax) if I had. There was a refrigerator and a microwave in the room (both very clean) so I was able to make a quick drive to a supermarket to pick up a few items to get us through the night.
Instead of going into minute detail about everything I didn't like about the "suite", I took pictures so that you can judge for yourself.
When I went to check out the next morning (at 10:30 AM), there was no manager on duty and the front desk staff member I spoke with apologized profusely. She told me that the second floor was the only one in the hotel where smoking and non-smoking rooms were intermingled! This is first time I've ever experienced anything like this.
She offered me a free breakfast, a $25 credit toward the $140 rate or having the manager put enough Priority Club Rewards points on my account which allowing me to stay free at another PC-linked hotel at a later date. I chose the last option. I gave the hotel a week to resolve the issue and now find that I can no longer log into my Priority Club account at all. I could right up until the day I checked out. Interesting... (I will follow up on this.)
All in all, I felt like I was overcharged for a sub-standard room. I'd be very, very reluctant to stay here again.
Pros: Location (easy to find from the highway), free on-site parking, pleasant staff members, excellent supermarket nearby (Wegmans).
Cons: Grungy, overpriced room.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Williamsport Hotel Williamsport
- Holiday Inn Williamsport Hotel
- Williamsport Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Williamsport, PA Hotel is an exceptional hotel located in the heart of downtown Williamsport. This Williamsport, PA hotel is within walking distance of Williamsport's downtown business district, and only minutes away from trendy Williamsport restaurants and nightlife.The Holiday Inn Williamsport, PA hotel features 145 guestrooms tastefully decorated with your comfort in mind, offering complimentary hi-speed wireless Internet access. We are only five miles from the Williamsport Regional Airport and we offer complimentary shuttle service.You'll love the James-An American Kitchen & Bar for breakfast, lunch, dinner, room service and cocktails. They are open 6:30AM-10PM daily. Kids eat free. Williamsport's newest restaurant, featuring gourmet burgers and paninis, fabulous entrees and sweet desserts.For meetings in Williamsport, our professional banquet and catering staff can assist in planning your event. We feature 6,000 square feet of flexible meeting and banquet space that can accommodate board meetings for 5 to elegant events for 250 guests.The Holiday Inn Williamsport, PA is only minutes away from the Little League Baseball International Headquarters and Little League Baseball World Series, Woolrich, Susquehanna Health System, Pennsylvania College of Technology, Lycoming College, Brodart, David R. Webb, West Pharmaceuticals and Kellogg's. Valid credit card required at check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Williamsport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.