I decided to get a motel room for the weekend. Just a 2 day get away for me & my daughter. The weather was suppose to be perfect ! We were so excited to get away for rest & relaxation. The price was right, so I reserved the room over the internet. Boy oh boy what a mistake on my part not to read the reviews about this motel. Im still kicking myself. Our experience was a nightmare and to anyone reading this, please please please stay away. To our horror, we walked into the room. The door already wide open along with all the windows. The stale air , hit us instantly in the face, you could almost taste it ! I think our first words was GROSS ! We felt stuck in this situation, it's high summer season and from talking to others, all the other motels in the local area were booked solid. We left for the afternoon and came back to the room around 9:30pm. We settled into the stench and made plans for early morning. UNTIL my daughter noticed in the bathroom little tiny black bugs all over the floor, she yelled to me to come look. We not only saw these little critters crawling all over the floor, they were on the walls around the toilet and sink area and all around the shower. OMG ! We quickly turned to the beds. YUP their they were, walking on the pillow cases, on the sheets....It was a no brainer ! I told my daughter to start getting our stuff together...I'm heading to the office we're leaving ! When I got to the office, I instantly said to the women I want a refund ! THERE ARE BUGS ALL OVER MY ROOM !! I want my money back. She was staring at me like I had 3 heads ! She shut the office door and locked it and thru the door window I could see her talking to her husband.. Minutes later when he came to the door, I told him....There are bugs all over my room, I want my money back, I am NOT staying here tonite ! He said to me, it's from the door opening and your letting the bugs in. I said, NO NO NO ...these are little tiny black bugs crawling everywhere. He said, I would like to see these bugs and I said YES I'm in room # 1. I headed back to the room. Him and his wife walked up and finally met me there. OMG,They marched in and we pointed out the bugs all over the bathroom floor, on the bed, on the pillowcases. It was then when he pulled back the sheets to the bed and there was the mother load of bugs....!! He and his wife then turned to us and sternly said....YOU BROUGHT THESE BUGS IN HERE !! YOU MUST OF BEEN IN THE GRASS OR SOME PLACE AND BROUGHT THESE HERE, THIS ROOM WAS CLEAN BEFORE YOU GOT HERE. I was mortified ! I stood there in shock and replied, Are you kidding me? We are clean people. We weren't in the grass. We walked around Walmart & went to Applebees for dinner ! They then proceeded to tell us to hurry up and grab our stuff and leave this room ! After grabbing our belongings, I then walked to the office and that's where I was stared up and down by Mrs. Motel Owner, while I waited for my well deserved refund! Tomorrow is the beginnng of the week and also a phone call to the Rhode Island Health Dept.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC