When we were planning this road trip we were bringing my 10 year old cousin with us. We knew that, with all of the stops we wanted to make, we would be spending very little time in hotel rooms. With all of that in mind we booked more family friendly, economical, and roomier hotel rooms.
The Holiday Inn Express feels like a newer hotel on the outside and inside. Our check in was average and we were given a room on the 3rd floor. The elevators at the hotel are very slow with the one on the right hand side being the slowest.
We walked into our room and could only turn on one light. As we fumbled around in the dark we realized all the other lights were unplugged. After finding the wall plugs, we had light in the room. Our room was a 2 queen bed, with tv, fridge, table, coffee maker, and large bathroom. The downside to this room was the bathroom wasn't very clean. The toilet seat wasn't washed properly and there was hair left in the shower. Knowing that it was late and there wouldn't be any maid staff at the hotel we just cleaned it ourselves.
Breakfast was included in our rate so the next morning we headed downstairs before leaving. The hotel offers coffee, orange juice, passionfruit juice, eggs, sausages, biscuits and gravy, breads, pancakes, and delicious cinnamon rolls. Breakfast was good except, although the fact people don't have consideration for others made is difficult to enjoy. One family allowed their kids to cough and sneeze all over the place without covering their mouths, another family kept switching tables, and yet another family had a daughter whohad some food out of her mouth while she was eating and then proceeded to leave it on the table. Yuck!
Overall the hotel was acceptable.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Florence i-95 @ Hwy 327
- Holiday Inn Florence
- Holiday Inn Express Florence
- Florence Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence South Carolina.This premiere hotel is superbly located in the suburbs of Florence, SC, away from the hustle and bustle for a great night sleep but just minutes to Florence Regional Airport, area businesses, restaurants, attractions and shopping.A Great Business Location! The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is well located to fine companies such as Peterbilt, DuPont, Smurfit-Stone Container, Crenlo, H. J. Heinz, Beneteau, FedEx, Roche Carolina, NuCor Steel, Koppers Industries, ABB, Maytag, IFH, Iron Mountain, Wellmans, Pee Dee Electric Cooperative, SteelFab, Johnson Controls, Pepsi, Blanchard Machinery and many others. The hotel offers the select services a business traveler needs for a productive visit. Our four-story, interior corridor hotel boasts 86 guest rooms & suites. Attention to detail provides the warmth and comfort of personalized service . . . for every guest, time after time. Packed with amenities! We offer the amenities and services needed to make your stay productive and enjoyable such as our heated indoor pool, complimentary 24 hr. business center with high speed Internet access, guest laundry, on-site fitness center, and meeting facilities but our finest attribute is our friendly staff. We look forward to serving you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.