Around 12:30 am I awoke to hear a lot of noise in the hallway outside my room as well as in the parking lot. At first it just sounded like rowdy teenagers, but then after a while the voices sounded angry. Soon there was a horrible screaming argument going on in the parking lot outside my room - several voices cussing horribly. I was afraid, so I picked up the phone to call the front desk, but the phone line was dead. I checked the other phone and it was dead also. So I used my cell phone to call 911. After a few minutes the argument faded - I don't know if the police came or not, but the noise continued off and on in the parking lot and in the hallway. It was frightening and I did not feel safe. Finally, around 1:45 am I decided to leave. As I was walking to my car I saw groups of young adult males cruising around the parking lot. After leaving I went to the Comfort Inn right up the road. The lady who worked there told me that her mother lived close to the Clarion Inn, and that while the neighborhood had been ok when she was growing up, it was now known as 'the hood'. I told her I was afraid I would hear gunshots, and she said she was surprised I hadn't.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Greenville i-85 Augusta Road Hotel
- Holiday Inn Greenville i-85 Augusta Road Hotel Greenville
- Holiday Inn Greenville
- Greenville Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn hotel in Greenville, South Carolina. We look forward to your arrival. Choosing a full service hotel is a great decision and the value is terrific. One stop, no more driving. Our restaurant and lounge are right here for you. Good food and cold drinks. If you need some down time, order room service, we deliver! Wireless Internet is throughout the hotel so go relax by our seasonal outdoor pool and take the laptop with you. Your exercise and laundry room are an elevator ride away. We know traveling is exhausting. Don't think of us as strangers, think of us as a new friend you will meet on this particular journey of your life. Holiday Inn has been a place for families, colleagues and friends to meet for over 50 years. We are proud to say we are part of this legend. Kemmons Wilson meant for the guests visiting his many 'homes' to feel welcome. And as the old saying goes, 'there's no place like home', there is really no place like Holiday Inn either. Is there something you need prior to your arrival? Just call us; we will do everything possible to fulfill your request. Love baseball, Broadway and scenery? Greenville’s Historic Downtown offers it all and is only 5 miles away. Catch a game at Flour Field or a show then stroll along the river walkway. Remember, we want you here and appreciate your business. So come, relax and enjoy our services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Clarion Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.