We stayed from June 27 through July 1, 2012.
Picked this hotel based on the Trip Advisor rating as the #1 hotel. My fiance and I were not disappointed in any way with anything. I have traveled extensively between my time in the US Army and for leisure, and I have never stayed in a hotel about which I had ZERO complaint - until now. I made a mental note to post a review as soon as I got home because I was so impressed with Hampton Inn.
We stayed in room 314; beach view with a balcony (I recommend 3rd floor - high enough to have balcony and perfect to get to the garage to go to the car). From the get-go, everything was perfect. FREE parking in the hotel parking garage (only 3 levels but we never had an issue getting a spot, even though the hotel was packed during our visit). There is 15-minute shaded parking 20 feet from the lobby, so check-in is a breeze. The lobby itself is absolutely beautiful!! Hardwood floors throughout and so incredibly tasteful. The staff who greeted us were very pleasant and treated us very well (this continued throughout the entire stay without exception). We had one issue with the room - it was a handicap accessible room and the shower curtain did not come to the floor which resulted in water spilling onto the floor. We pointed this out to the housekeeper who IMMEDIATELY switched them out without question and WITH A SMILE.
We received a pleasant surprise the first morning we awoke at Hampton; we were expecting the usual "continental breakfast" (read as "danish and an orange"). Instead, we were treated to a complimentary full breakfast (eggs, bagel, danish, fresh fruit, prepared oatmeal, potatoes, etc).
Have to agree with others comments that this is the cleanest hotel I have stayed in. The staff are definitely committed to the customers and the hotel itself and it shows.
The beach is just outside the rear of the hotel and has a nice private walkway to it. Have to echo that you should invest in chairs and an umbrella as the ones available on the beach cost $ to rent. It is important to note that the sounds of the ocean are easily accessed if you open the balcony door; however, if you close the door, ZERO noise gets in (we were VERY impressed with this).
The bottom line is that the Hampton is without question the best hotel Ive stayed in and we will be returning again and again. Thanks and JOB WELL DONE!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront
- Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront Hotel
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach Sc
- Hampton Inn Suites Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have recently acquired 150 more feet of oceanfront property, so we now have 450 feet of contiguous beach frontage. Since we have only 227 rooms and suites, the beach in front of our Hampton Inn & Suites is never crowded even during peak season. We have recently added: The Sanctuary Spa located in the South Tower, additional restrooms on the pool level, and in accordance with federal regulations (FEMA), our heated pools and hot tubs are now completely enclosed from December 1 until April 1. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.